Cellular Signal Booster

Well, if your prime concern is Internet connectivity, here are your options:
1. Source a huawei B310 modem from OLX and attach external antennas to it.(3-4k for modem and 2-3k max for antennas)
2. Buy a TP-Link MR600 or newer model and attach antennas to it (5-6k for modem and 2-3k max for antennas)., The MR600 is a CAT6 modem so it supports carrier aggregation and you'll get good speeds.
3. Buy a mikrotik SXT LTE and attach it to your roof(9-11k for modem and 3k for wifi router and cabling stuff)
4. Go to the nearest BSNL Exchange and ask if BSNL Airfiber is available in your area. Please note this is not the Cable internet that BSNL offers. This is a pure wireless based one.

Ultimately, it depends on how much you are willing to spend on your setup.
Use TarangSarchar website to view the nearest cell towers in your area.

Still we need to know which 4G bands are working at your locations for anyone to advice @Ryunosuke
Well, I was on the same boat as you in the beginning of the COVID in 2020, All the 3 operators have no coverage in my house, I was exploring for the options and some people recommended a LTE signal Booster and i went on with it and it costed around 16k for a Tri-Band Booster. The voice connectivity had drastically improved and i was getting full bars of signal in my home but the data speeds were only in the range of 200 to 300KBps max. And after a few months, was really fed up with the data speeds and explored further and found out the LTE modems, Finally brought a Mikrotik SXT LTE modem and mounted it over my house and i am now getting speeds in the ranges of 3-4MBPS or 24 to 30 megabits per second on Vi and Jio. So, if you want only voice connectivity, a booster will be enough or if you need good internet speeds, the later would be the better option IMO. Also it depends on how much you are willing to spend!.
Link please

OK, will get the 4G band info in my next trip
Finally brought a Mikrotik SXT LTE modem and mounted it over my house and i am now getting speeds in the ranges of 3-4MBPS or 24 to 30 megabits per second on Vi and Jio. So, if you want only voice connectivity, a booster will be enough or if you need good internet speeds, the later would be the better option IMO. Also it depends on how much you are willing to spend!.
From where did you buy it? Can one get it online ? How much does it cost?
Edit:
Found these 2 on Amazon; 1 and 2. Which would suit my purpose? Is it a Plug and Play device or would I need additional hardware and software configuration to get it up and running? If so then what would the process entail?

Last edited:
Link please
May I know for which product you need the link?

Edit:
Mikrotik sxt LTE- https://mikrotik.com/product/sxt_lte_kit
The booster was installed by a local guy.

OK, will get the 4G band info in my next trip

From where did you buy it? Can one get it online ? How much does it cost?
Edit:
Found these 2 on Amazon; 1 and 2. Which would suit my purpose? Is it a Plug and Play device or would I need additional hardware and software configuration to get it up and running? If so then what would the process entail?
I brought it from a seller in Delhi. I have already mentioned the costs in my above post.
Please do not buy it on amazon since the cost is so much high.
You will need the First product. The second one is a wifi device.
This device supports LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 20, 38 and 40. So it almost covers all operators in India.
The setup would involve mounting this product outside your house facing the nearest tower and run LAN cables inside your house. If you decide to buy it, please DM me I will share the contact details of the seller and also assist you in configuring it.
BTW, which state are you from? so that I could identify the bands present in your state

Edit:
This guy had explained all its features. TBH, I purchased the device after watching this video.

Last edited:
May I know for which product you need the link?

Edit:
Mikrotik sxt LTE- https://mikrotik.com/product/sxt_lte_kit
The booster was installed by a local guy.

I brought it from a seller in Delhi. I have already mentioned the costs in my above post.
Please do not buy it on amazon since the cost is so much high.
You will need the First product. The second one is a wifi device.
This device supports LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 20, 38 and 40. So it almost covers all operators in India.
The setup would involve mounting this product outside your house facing the nearest tower and run LAN cables inside your house. If you decide to buy it, please DM me I will share the contact details of the seller and also assist you in configuring it.
BTW, which state are you from? so that I could identify the bands present in your state

Edit:
This guy had explained all its features. TBH, I purchased the device after watching this video.
Same product link . You bought it locally .

While I still haven't been able to go to village to get the "outside 4G" readings, I have been discussing the MikroTik thing with @nithishsabapathi over PM. Next part is also from one of my PM which I'm putting here to get a wider audience for my query.
Please take a look at the link. They are listed as official dealers on MikroTik's site and most importantly, they are an hours drive away from my place. As there are many devices from MikroTik such SXT, SXT Lite, LHG, I'm still confused as to which one will be actually the one suitable for my need. Besides that I am still not clear about what else/all would I need to get this whole thing up and running?

So what's the prognosis Doc!?! Don't leave me hangin' here.
You require a network booster which has at-least 1 and 41 . For jio 3 and 5 will also be required .
Now all depends on your budget .
You can take a triband GSM LTE signal booster / amplifier
or
All 4 devices will work
Huawei B310 will give data and calling
Triaband Amplifier will give data and calling
Microtek and Tplink will only give data
So decide as per your budget

Since GoI outlawed Signal Boosters/amplifiers, anybody knows any or can share link of any good Triband amplifiers/providers ?
@kuduku you talking about this, Huawei ? Don't see any antennae connection point so cannot figure out how it's going to improve data and calling.

Since GoI outlawed Signal Boosters/amplifiers, anybody knows any or can share link of any good Triband amplifiers/providers ?
@kuduku you talking about this, Huawei ? Don't see any antennae connection point so cannot figure out how it's going to improve data and calling.
it has external antenna , rear top , that black plate is removed
Whats the difference between signal booster/amplifier and Triband Amplifier ? Both are same

Back