User Guides Change mediaplayer skins in a Nokia cell phones

Objective
This is my first tutorial or guide or what ever it is which will teach you to gain access to the phone memory of your cell phone (tested on nokia S40 handset, may also work on other, haven't tested it yet)

Why
Accessing the phone memory will shoe you the system files of a cell phone for playing :p.
e.g. in a S40 cellphone, the media player has a default theme which you can't change but with this you can change it, backup the original java apps etc.

How
The original PC suite application doesn't shows the system files so we will use Oxy Cube for this. Download link

Procedure
1. Insatll ur phone drivers, for nokia cell phone install the latest PC suite and after that...

2.Download and install it from the given link.
Connect your phone as shown in these pictures
2vbmu5w.jpg

Select your phone manufacture and model and click "Next"
1t8zsh.jpg

29znef.jpg

Click "Connect", the application will automatically search for the phone and the model no + IMEI no will be displayed
jl1ftd.jpg

14a89u.jpg

Finally this window will show your connected cell phone and the available drivers, C-drive is the phone memory and B-drive is the memory card
p://i52.tinypic.com/yipe.jpg

Changing media player/Radio skin
I will only show how the change the media player skins in my nokia 2700 classic.
Clicking on the C-drive will bring up this window where all the system files are shows
5n3jus.jpg

The "Gallery" folder shows what is visible in the phone itself viz. image,themes,received files etc.
Under the "http" folder you will find all the cookies and cache data stored as for browsing Internet on your cell phone.
Under the hiddenfolder/fmradio you will see the radio skin files.The defaults is
2rpwpz6.jpg

You can add more skins in this way
ej044.jpg
2m68pd5.jpg

Similarly you can add skin files to the mediaplayer folder.
As for the skins i have extracted them from Nokia 5310XM using oxycube

Also you will find the defaults games and applications in the "java" and the "menuapps" folder, you can backup them for future purpose.
I have attached the radio and mediaplayer skin files that i have used.The xx_mpl_xx are the skins for media player and xx_fmr_xx are for fmradio.

Reps/Likes/Thanks/Advice/Suggestion all are welcome :)

Caution: Avoid tampering other system files as it may damage your mobile phone, and of course i will not be responsible for any thing like that:p

Attachments

• skin_mpl_Squares.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 924
  • skin_mpl_Planets.zip
    46.7 KB · Views: 771
  • skin_mpl_Galaxy.zip
    46.7 KB · Views: 778
  • skin_fmr_Planets.zip
    46.7 KB · Views: 624
  • skin_fmr_Arrows.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 956
  • skin_fmr_Squares.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 717
  • skin_fmr_Galaxy.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 983
no i don't think so, coz i am also using the trial one. try rebooting your pc and reconnecting your cell phone.

OK. I figured it out. I right clicked on the right side frame and clicked "Refresh". That worked.

However, now, my Hidden Folder shows the following:
wjtffl.png

There is no fmradio folder.

TIA.

^^ Nopes... I don't have any at the moment. But, read my earlier post entirely.. I am not able to see any fmradio folder.

TIA.

may be your fmradio doesn't support themes, it may be a basic one.
check here :C:\predefhiddenfolder\predeffmradio
and what about the media player?

More to add for all Symbian platforms, why not use HelloOx2? It can hack/make almost Symbian mobile and lets you access deep inside all system folders. :eek:hyeah:

And then there are custom firmwares too. if HelloOx2 doesnt help.:p

Tech.Masti said:
Wow.... thanks will surely try it... can i do it with my 2730c
Welcome mate, i think yes, you can change the skins in your 2730c, i have done on my 2700c. Get the skins that i have attached. Don't forget to report the result :)

Back