Budget 31-40k Cheap & Rugged Dell Laptop

greenhorn

Patron
A buddy of mine wants to buy a Cheap and rugged laptop for mostly coding and excel use. Right now He's zeroed down to Dell or a thinkpad (low probablity)
He's looking for something with great build quality - Rugged enough with very little flex, an i3, 4GB Ram and a 500GB HDD (7200rpm if available)
Problem is that he is confused about the models - The Inspiron 15, The inspiron 15R and the Vostro. He will be getting 3 year completecover most probably (not included in budget).
My inspiron 15R(5010) has pretty flimsy build quality with lots of flex, and he was a bit uncomfortable with that.
How do the newer models fare?

i believe that the business series (vostro, latitude) etc. are more rugged than the inspiron series.
thinkpads have a lot of fans for the build quality and ruggedness

Thinkpad Hands Down! I own an XPS and my dad uses a Thinkpad Edge. I Loved the build quality of think pad. Fans placement was also very good, but do check the battery life of model before taking!

well if your friend is open to more options he could take a look at this: http://tinyurl.com/czadgl3,packs

packs a trinity 4500m apu,4 pd cores,plus a 7640g in asynchronous crossfire with a 7670m.should perform fairly better thn a 630m.
the lappy costs just 35k,best vfm lappy i have seen in a while.

greeny,

please avoid the thinkpad edge series or anything below a dell latitude.

Take a look at the HP ProBook Series. You would get a nice i5 - 3rd Gen, 4GB RAM, 500 GGB HDD within 37K

I do not suggest to generally be dismissive, but this admittedly effective 12.5-inch Dell notebook, when possessing impressive overall performance and battery lifetime, tops the charts at a whopping $1,663 starting price for specs which might be definitely HP Compaq 6910 AC Adapter no unique than you would find on the laptop computer that costs fifty percent as much. The Latitude E6220 dates through the conclude of 2011, but however, it seems similar to a gadget that’s away from stage while using the slender ultrabook trend in laptops, in spite of having a handful of military-spec rugged functions.

Back