Cheaper/Better alternative to Ikea Alex Drawer Units

napstersquest

Thread Police
Adept
I am looking for some cheaper or better alternatives to the Ikea Alex Drawer Units that everyone and their mom and dad seem to use for gaming setups. I am planning to get a solid wood countertop as well, but wanted to check if there are alternatives to the drawer units.

I need them in Pune.

Are you sure that you will be able to accommodate your gaming setup on a surface that is 58 c.m. in length and 36 c.m. in width? I would like to see some photos of it when it is completed.

Should be completed day after tomorrow. Ordered 8x4 sheet of 18mm pine finger-joint board, cut it in half, doubled it (so overal 8x2 with 36mm thickness) made some cutouts for cables, sanded and stained (twice). Will update thread once all is done.

I am looking for some cheaper or better alternatives to the Ikea Alex Drawer Units that everyone and their mom and dad seem to use for gaming setups. I am planning to get a solid wood countertop as well, but wanted to check if there are alternatives to the drawer units.

I need them in Pune.

Not cheaper, probably a little better:

The APRODZ brand sold by Retail EZ has Alex-like drawers in wild colours and three sizes:

Prices are generally higher than buying from aprodz themselves (who also have a few extra models in the same size and in white):

But there's no cost emi with amazon pay later for the ones sold by Retail EZ (they also have no cost emi for other computer/study desks).

IMG20231212185208.jpg

That's really cool! I love large desks, more people should break out of the 2.5x2 suffocating nightmare from a lifetime ago.

I got mine about five years ago but I was severely financially constrained so I used leftover doors from a construction site:

It's 6x3. I got the cheapest laminate and hired a questionable roadside carpenter to paste it on. It's a rough job that I've been meaning to have redone.

Your 8x2 size would've far more useful to me, and the natural finish/stain is very classy. When I was younger, I would seek out dark coloured tops but these days there's something really appealing about lighter wood grain tops.

Back