Graphic Cards Cheaper to buy from US?

Kon-

Disciple
Hey guys, I have seen on flipkart the price of gtx 670 is around Rs 28,000,but it is selling in the US for around $400 which is around Rs 21-22K.So isnt it just better to get it shipped from there instead of buying here from flipkart? Let me know your thoughts.

400 USD ~ Rs 22500
Shipping Cost (around 3 lbs) - $25 + tax ~ Rs 1500
Customs (~16.8%) - Rs 4,000

Total cost - Rs 28000 and you get zero warranty! Decide yourself! :p

If you have friends who live there or have a source who frequent to the US, then you can always get it from there. But i heard some companies provide global warranty. So check that and its not a bad option

I am also planning to get it from U.S. One of my friend is travelling next month and he will back within two weeks time.

But, I am confused....Is it worth taking the risk without the warranty?

I am also planning to get it from U.S. One of my friend is travelling next month and he will back within two weeks time.

But, I am confused....Is it worth taking the risk without the warranty?

well as quoted above EVGA offers global warranty. however their terms are as of yet not conclusive and still a relatively big unknown. As long as the card does not cause trouble and you never plan to oc it then it may be worth the risk. however even a slight problem and then you will realize the problem such warranty causes :)
As they say AT OWNERS RISK :D

Hey guys, I have seen on flipkart the price of gtx 670 is around Rs 28,000,but it is selling in the US for around $400 which is around Rs 21-22K.So isnt it just better to get it shipped from there instead of buying here from flipkart? Let me know your thoughts.

EVGA has global warranty which is transferrable. All you have to do is register within 30 days from the date of purchase. I have EVGA 680 in SLI. I have talked to them about this on phone. The only thing I dont know is weather you have to ship it back to US for warranty or a local office will do it. Will have to confirm that over phone.

But who handles EVGA products in INDIA ?. I dont think unless there is someone dealing with EVGA warranty, there is no way to seek the help of service centers. Only way is to send it to US via courier. In that case will they bear the shipping charges ?

No, shipping charges to US have to be borne by you [the owner / sender] as well as the return shipping Custom levies [if any] have to be borne by you.
Check here
All RMA replacements will state “Warranty Replacement” on the package to assist in avoiding any taxes, duties and/or brokerage fees through customs or otherwise. EVGA is not responsible for any fees charged by the destination country’s government body, brokers or other third party.

EVGA | Support | Product Warranty

I bought Diamond Viper Radeon HD 4870 during my trip to US in 2008. Card served well till last month when I shorted something on the card (long story) accidentally. The card is out of warranty and to top it off Diamond does not have any RMA in India, so Paid service is out of question.

I have had similar experiences with other high value electronics (including a high HP lappy).

Gist is, though it costs a bit more, it's always better to buy in the country where you live, unless the vendor offers Global Warranty.
AFAIK Apple, Dell and ASUS (Laptops only) offer global warranties.

on the other hand, we should "sticky" a list of vendors and their product categories that are supported worldwide. ;)

Back