Cheapest bittorrent router

pa1pa1

Disciple
Hi,

I need a cheap (not compromising on brand though) router (no modem) that has a usb port and built in bittorrent support. I don't mind flashing unofficial firmwares as long as they are stable and work flawlessly.

Thanks.

vivek.krishnan said:
Well, IMHO, your cheapest choice is ASUS RT N13 U router. It can be bought offline for 2.9K from primeABGB or online for 2.5k from homeshop18 with coupons. Flash it with DD WRT and install Optware + Transmission.

For more info : http://www.techenclave.com/networking/asus-rt-n13u-b1-now-supports-191359.html
Thanks, i was just about to buy it online for 2.9k. Will check out homeshop18. Does Asus make reliable routers? I've never used an Asus product.

EDIT : Can't find a 500/- off coupon. Do you have a link?

pa1pa1 said:
Thanks, i was just about to buy it online for 2.9k. Will check out homeshop18. Does Asus make reliable routers? I've never used an Asus product.

Try this coupon GCFA18EINDSG to get 400 off.

pa1pa1 said:

ASUS makes good stuff. Although yes, my router's WAN port did conk off, but they gave me a replacement on the spot ;)

Also, if you are using a net service from your cable operator, the distance from the switch till your router should not be very much. Else you will have to get a switch also.

Back