Cheapest i3 370M + HD 5650 ?

Tao

Disciple
Hey friends, while I wait for my quaddie laptop, I need to get one for my cousin. His budget is 45k max (or maybe 1-2k more if its totally worth).

Main usage is going to be college stuff(MATLAB and other number crunching sh*t he uses), gaming(mainly RPG gamer), movies , music.

I thought a i3 370M, HD 5650 , 4 GB DDR3 , 500 GB 7200rpm would do him fine.

I see no advantage with i5-4XX and i5-5XX is rare and out of budget.

A high-res screen would be added advantage, only if its fits budget.

Please put in some suggestions. Thanks

PS: No Dell please. Bad experience and their speakers really 5uck.

No need to ask anymore questions just go ahead and get ACER 5740G, I've been using it for the past 3 weeks 24X7 and gaming >10hrs consisting of CODMW2, NFS Shift and Dragon Age Origins(finished it yesterday only). Get the Lappy for 43K and add 4K for 3yrs wrrty.

It's configuration is :

Core i5 430M (it reaches 2.53Ghz while gaming)

ATI HD5650 1GB DDR3

4gb DDR3

500gb HDD

Baterry Life = 2hrs40mins(no gaming and no movies)

15.6'' HD LED w/anti-glare @ 1366X768(good as I can play almost all the games at full detail at Native).

Win7 Professional FREE + LaptopBag Free + HDMI

It has Dolby Home Theater(driver) that improves sound for movies when I connect it to my Home Theater.

Max. Temperatures :

GPU = 76C

HDD = 45C

CPU = 81C

HP ENVY 14
Core i3-370
4GB DDR3
ATI 5650
500GB 7200RPM
1600X900 HD+ Display
It meets all your requirements. Will be out by late Aug. ~50k.

There is a huge difference between the processors biggest one being the Intel Turbo Boost. Apart from that HP's service is not that good and it's price is too much. 1600X90014''!! 5650 cannot run games at this resolution so you'll have to run the games at non-native resolution and thus suffer here too.

Don't think 5740G is available anymore, it's either the nVidia model 5745G or timelineX 4820TG.
Also ENVY is one of the notebook that 'Has-it-all' for me (G73jh is a close second), but then it's just my opinion.
So i guess its either the timelineX or Lenovo Y-560 @46k...

TY for the replies guys, but I heard 5740G is shipping with HD5470 rather than HD5650 now, and as for ENVY 14 I inquired into that in my previous thread (I was considering it for myself too) but I feel its ETA and cost both are unpredictable. I really doubt its going to be less than 50k for i3 + 5650 though.

Any other suggestions mates ?

Hmm..the Y560 is a good choice but I also found the Acer 5745G (it has GT330M though, but CUDA might be helpful with MATLAB eh ? ) Any idea about the price of the 5745G ?

I think I'm one of the lucky one's then to get 5740G.

Just my advice stay away from Sony(if the service-center in your area(PUNE especially) is bad no matter what you do, none would be able to help you out), as for Dell there's nothing like dell you give them a call and they'll troubleshoot on the phone come with a brand new component and replace it in front of your eyes, Dell knows how to service people. HP's service used to be good 1-2yrs ago but recently a lot of my friends are recommending against it. ACER's service is neither too good or nor too bad, you can get your work done but it takes time, they never say NO completely like Sony. No Idea about Lennovo's service.

Whatever Laptop you buy remember to upgraded your warranty to a minimum of 2yrs w/accidental cover.

Back