CPU/Mobo Cheapest IVY BRIDGE motherboard that supports VT-X and VT-D

horizonrays

Disciple
hello friends ,
I am looking for cheapest 7x chip-set based motherboard that has support for vt-x and vt-d

According to Desktop Boards — Compatibility with Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT)
B75,H75,P75 does support VT-X
and
B75 also supports VT-D
Now many people say that VT-X is cpu feature , well it is , but then intel says motherboard bios should support this feature in order to use it .
check the link to clarify yourself Desktop Boards — Compatibility with Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT)

So guy any idea about motherboard in this range ? any hope ?

Now I just found a Perfect B75 board which will suit my need but I am not sure if this board support VT-X and VT-D

My Budget 6K max GA-B75M-D3P

@horizonrays your criterion is only met by Intel Small business based offerings so your only real option is the -- B75, Q57 and other chipsets from these families these are the options you will find in the market --

Intel DQ57TM ~6500/-
ASUS P8B75-M LE ~6000/-
ASUS P8B75-M ~6400/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALPHA17
hey thanks for the answer , I will check those boards , but that being said ...
well the site i mentioned above mentions that q77 and b75 supports VT-D and these are the following board manufactured by intel which has vt-d support.
Q77 DQ77CP, DQ77KB, DQ77MK
B75 DB75EN
In this post I have mentioned about Gigabyte B75 chipset based motherboard and I am rather Interested to buy this board because of it has a few more goodies that others but problem is that site does not mention if it supports VT-D or VT-X or not .

@ALPHA17
Well the site i mentioned above mentions that q77 and b75 supports VT-D and these are the following board manufactured by intel which has vt-d support.
Q77 -- DQ77CP, DQ77KB, DQ77MK
B75 -- DB75EN

In this post I have mentioned about Gigabyte B75 chipset based motherboard and I am rather Interested to buy this board because of it has a few more goodies that others but problem is that site does not mention if it supports VT-D or VT-X or not .

Hello @horizonrays, the answer to your query is yes that the GIGABYTE B75 motherboard supports VT-X and VT-D.

All the non-Intel motherboards that are based on the B75 and Q77 chipset also support the VT-X and VT-D. It is a chipset feature and not dependent on the brand of the motherboard like ASUS, GIGABYTE OR Intel original. Any company building it around the chipset, e.g. -- ASUS building around the Z77 chipset will have all the features supported by the Z77.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

@ALPHA17 true that's chipset and processor feature , but implementation depends on BIOS ..
i have read hardfourm , that many motherboard which support vt-x does not support vt-d ,
and many vendor opt not to implement vt-d despite the chipset is capable of .

But again thanks for the answer .. By the way if am looking forward to buy GA-B75M-D3P , any idea from where I can get this board ?

All the non-Intel motherboards that are based on the B75 and Q77 chipset also support the VT-X and VT-D. It is a chipset feature and not dependent on the brand of the motherboard like ASUS, GIGABYTE OR Intel original. Any company building it around the chipset,
e.g. -- ASUS building around the Z77 chipset will have all the features supported by the Z77.
ALPHA17
Well, that should be true but need not be true.
Weren't there Z68 motherboards in the market that didn't have neither iGPU/Display support nor Quick Sync/Lucid Virtu support?

If looking for VT-d support, user should make it doubly sure that the processor and selected "motherboard", both support VT-d. :)

Back