Cheapest laptop to run Hackintosh :)

There is no laptop/PC which can "guarantee" you to run hackintosh. You can say its just luck. As far as the config is concerned, a PDC (Pentium Dual Core) + 4GB RAM would do fine.

I am interested too. Does anyone here have Hackintosh running on the laptop? If so what are the specs of your laptop and whats working/not working...

You may find some useful info in this thread. Many users who have been successfully able to install Mac OS have shared their configs/tricks.

HP Probooks are the best for Hackintosh, almost every thing works with OS X. But from my experience better go for an used macbook pro with c2d, which u can get for ~30K, last week i was in mumbai and got a 2009 macbook pro MB990LL/A for 23.5K from shop no.113 at Heera Panna. Though the screen has a very thin green vertical line in the left corner, it doesn't matter to me. With macbook you will find the experience to be unmatched by any Hackintosh. If any one wants a mac mini let me know, it's the 2011 model with amd graphics. cheers...

I want to gift it to my brother who is a student and he or me cannot afford any thing above 25K(30kmax) , i would have been lucky if mobile pentum dual cores could run hackintoshs as far as my understanding goes only mobile core i3 and above can run lion , please reply if anybody here have successfully run Hackintosh on low end i3 laptops.

I installed Mac successfully on my friend's Dell Inspiron N1050 (not sure about model). I didn't have much time, so except Graphic Card everything just works fine.

I have Dell XPS which also runs Mac successfully without any problems (including graphics)

Is there a particular reason you would want to use the Mac? Will your brother be developing iOS specific applications? If not, I see no reason not to get a Windows based laptop. There are some decent configurations available under 30k.

H2O , he is learning iOS development and windows dosent support iOS development tools

- - - Updated - - -

Hope some one in my place can lend me a spare laptop to try hackintosh :)

If he is looking for native iOS development, you would probably have to settle for a secondhand machine in that price. Try getting a basic macbook pro 13 inch with 2d generation core processors, you can always up the RAM to 8GB.

An older mac mini could also work, you can add an inexpensive screen, keyboard and mouse and you would be good to go.

i am a bit afraid of buying used laptops , if some thing goes bust you have to spend a lot for repairing especially if its a mac . i don't want to go for a mac desktop since its much cheaper and easy to make a Hackintosh desktop.

Then, your options are limited. Try searching for a laptop which comes with Core i3/i5 (2nd or 3rd generation), Intel HD graphics to be on the safe side. The major issue which most hackintosh builds face is that the wireless lan does not work, so you would probably have to resort to a wired connection or buy a usb adapter which is compatible with Macs. Try getting as much memory as possible. This should be able to run mac, but I cannot guarantee the experience as most of the experience on a mac comes along with the hardware bundled, such as the amazing track pad.

Go through TonyMac and check which laptop models are available in India.

Back