Laptops Cheapest Laptop with IPS panel ?

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Any clues on whats the cheapest laptop with an IPS panel?

So far have found the IBM X200t has one - but its a whopping 1.2L :p

The Macbook Pro is claimed to come with an IPS panel, but can't find much info on it.

Any others?

Thanks in advance :)

^ Not as easy as it sounds :p

Though quite a few people are swapping the regular x200 with the x200t screens (the end cost would work out the same i assume).

The zenbook does look impressive. If it turns out that the Flex 2 I ordered doesn't have IPS display then I'll return it and look closely at the UX305. It doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere though.

^ Check local stores. Lamington Road prices are higher @50.5k than old flipkart price.

Also Flex 2 screen is very dim in comparison to other IPS displays.

The laptop is meant for home use by my mother. It is a hilly interior area and there are a lot of intermittent power failures especially during rainy season making using the PC a hassle. However, she prefers to use a PC keyboard/mouse and so I was thinking the standmode of Flex 2 coupled with the viewing angle of an IPS screen will fit well with the requirement.

I looked around for the UX 305 but the dealers in Trivandrum have not even heard of the model yet. Plus, I am certain it would be even more overpriced here than at Lamington road.

Got the flex 2. It is indeed an FHD IPS screen. Its not matte and probably not the best ips screen on a laptop but its by far the cheapest. The backlit keyboard is also great. All in all I am happy with this purchase.

If you can get a Thinkpad X220/230/240 from US or the far east, configured with an IPS panel, it would suit your requirements nicely.

Back