I have VIP 350W PSU.

My system specs:

AMD X2 4400+

Jetway Nvidia 7025 chipset mobo

2 GB RAM

160 GB HD

DVD RW

Samsung 2233 SW

Do I need to change my PSU? I've googled and some say yes, some say no. BTW, I don't have that 6 pin PCI E connector.

One more problem here. I m using external tv tuner card also. Therefore I'll be not using DVI connection. So, is it possible to use VGA out of 4770?

Edit: I don't think 4670 is enough for running games in 1920 x 1080 ? Right ? Therefore I m opting for 4770.

@All 4770 owners. Do u find any problems with ATI drivers? Do u face any BSOD while playing games for long times?

I am suggesting the following :

1) SeaSonic (S12II 380W) Extreme Power 390W @Rs.3000 (price source)

2) Corsair 400W Power Supply (CX400W) @Rs.3300 ( 3 years warranty)(price source)

3) CoolerMaster RS460-PCARA3 Extreme Power 460W @ Rs.2425

(price source)

4) Zebronics Pro 500 watt @ Rs.2900 (price source)

AMD suggest 450 watt for 4770. I don't know about the warranty of seasonic & coolermaster one.Corsair psu are originally Seasonic made - but they tops with good warranty. Zebronic PRO series is respectable if you want to stay with entry level or mainstream single card graphics card system without ocing much.

PS: I am not suggesting other local brands like because VIP,Powersafe,Intex,iBall because I don't have any first hand experience with those psu with a descrete graphics card and there is no review available at web. Although VIP and Powersafe Gold series were once reputed and suggested across various Indian tech forums.

Guys, final question: Which one do u recommend between Gigabyte superb 460 or zebby pro 550 ?

BTW, at my place, there is much problem of low voltage, then my UPS starts, so do u think Active PFC has more advantage for me?

One more question: Y can't I find any review of these both? Are these new models?

who is the distributor of Gibabyte and Zebronics in India??; also check about service and support for both.Gigabyte is tier 1 motherboard manufacturer and new to PSU business.Zebronics is not a tier 1 for sure -but they are into this business for couple of years (4-5 years may be,even more).

Most of the entry level and mainstream graphics card released in India comes with 1 vga,1 dvi and 1 hdmi output now a days whereas USA/Europe gets two DVI (replaced the vga) and 1 hdmi

saqib_khan said:
I m still confused. What is the current price of Corsair VX 450 ?

Which one to go for under 3k ?

why are you confuse ? Corsair VX450 is for Rs. 3950(source)

go with seasonic - very much reputed psu manufacturer worldwide - you will never regret

No budget mentioned?
Seasonic S12II 380W or Gigabyte Superb 460

Corsair VX450 if you don't mind paying extra for the extra 2 year warranty.

by the way the zebby pro series comes with a 3 year warranty and i hv heard pleasent things abt theri warranty claiming process.do gv it a thought.

Actually in same price tag, they are quite good. The Pro series are HEC OEM and as per my experience, they are far more reliable and capable then CM Extreme Power series with same wattage.

I know some friends who are running 8800GTS 512, 9800GT with Q6600 etc on Pro 350W PSu w/o and problem for more than 8 months. But even an Extreme power 390 wont handle them very well.
I myself is using a Pro 550. Check my sig :)
OCCT tests, all ok and the voltage rails are very stable and havnt seen them fluctuate till now.

hey bro............ if u are ok with buying a used PSU then i have a coolermaster Exterme power 600w...... Please do PM me if interested ........ if not then go for the corsair 450 vx( 85% efficiency) it will easily meet ur needs ........

^^^ Dude, he wants the cheapest.

@OP

VIP500 Silver will manage a 4770. But the best buy would be Gigabyte 460(2.4k) if not the Sea sonic 380 (3k)

Back