Budget 41-50k Cheapo Gaming PC Build

greenhorn

Patron
  1. What is your budget?
    • 50K. can maybe stretch to 55ish
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None. I have a bunch of laptops
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Viewsonic e70fSB (its a 16 year old CRT from my ~2004 desktop which surprisingly still works and kicks ass on the display. CRT whine takes a bit of getting used to )
    • Plenty of Speakers, amps, headphones, mice, keyboards.
    • Have an external DVD Writer.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Open to ideas. Looking for the cabinet and stuff that goes into it
    • CPU
    • Mobo
    • RAM
    • SSD and HDD
    • PSU
    • Cabinet
    • Wifi +BT adapter
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Looking at current prices, I am not sure buying a GPU at this point makes sense. I have traditionally bought IGP setups (Geforce 2 MX, Geforce 4 MX, Geforce 6100) so thinking about a ryzen APU setup
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Trivandrum
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • CPU, Storage, RAM, - Maybe
    • Motherboard - NO
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Maybe the occasional movie
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Have always bought AMD rigs because they tend to come with good IGP options, looking at Ryzen options again for the same reasons
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • CS GO
    • SP FPS such as CoD, Titanfall 2. Mostly older games, though would like to see what i can play based on my budget
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. I would prefer a Full HD (1920*1080) screen of the smallest size, but practically because of GPU constraints end up playing at 640*480
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 Bit
Background - I had been using a HP elitebook 840 G1 which i had modded so much that i even upgraded the motherboard to the Discrete gfx version. In the US, getting parts on ebay is not a challenge, so maintaining it was not a challenge - I went through 3 motherboards and 2 displays as i have 2 toddlers at home and laptops tend to have a hard life. In India, though I am finding that laptop parts availability is very tough and prices are $$$$. I am really not too keen on a desktop, but I am convinced that 1. Gaming laptops, especially budget ones have poor thermals unsuited to indian heat and dust. 2. Getting replacement parts and service for laptops in india is next to impossible. So looking at the desktop route.

I am thinking of a 3400G+ B450 combo, but not sure if a 3300X+ low end GPU is a better combo. Anyway open to suggestions as I have not checked out the desktop scene for a very long time. I would like a cabinet as small and Wife friendly and non bling as possible (Should not look big/expensive to wife and kids) I like the CM elite 120/130 type cabinet, maybe even smaller. This will not be my primary machine - mostly for weekend gaming. I have a work laptop and a personal laptop which tends to get used during weekdays.

I will upgrade the monitor eventually (my old monitor is just to get started), and may eventually get a good GPU once prices stabilize (Maybe in a few years at this rate).

With all due respect and all honesty if you an hold off building a PC please do so, the market for GPUs is not at its prime right now, you'll face alot of problems getting one. But if you just want to make a light system/budget friendly system with small budget heres a build

Cabinet: NR200 Black - Price: 5400

Motherboard: MSI B450 I - Price: 12499.00

CPU: AMD 3400G - Price: 14900

Power Supply: Silverstone 450W SFX - Price: 6254
https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...actor-80-plus-bronze-power-supply-sst-st45sf/

RAM: GSkill Sniper X 16Gb 3600MHZ CL19 - Price: 6996

Storage: Kingston A2000 - Price - 5499

Total cost of the build - 51548

You can also go used to a certain extent, lowering your part values, this is a mini ITX build, pricey yes, but the case is pretty small
If you want a larger build - bigger case - let us know

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Viewsonic e70fSB (its a 16 year old CRT from my ~2004 desktop which surprisingly still works and kicks ass on the display. CRT whine takes a bit of getting used to )
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU
    • Mobo
    • RAM
    • SSD and HDD
    • PSU
    • Cabinet
    • Wifi +BT adapter
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Looking at current prices, I am not sure buying a GPU at this point makes sense. I have traditionally bought IGP setups (Geforce 2 MX, Geforce 4 MX, Geforce 6100) so thinking about a ryzen APU setup
    • Trivandrum
    • Motherboard - NO
    • Gaming
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Have always bought AMD rigs because they tend to come with good IGP options, looking at Ryzen options again for the same reasons
    • CS GO
    • SP FPS such as CoD, Titanfall 2. Mostly older games, though would like to see what i can play based on my budget
    1. I would prefer a Full HD (1920*1080) screen of the smallest size, but practically because of GPU constraints end up playing at 640*480
    • No
    • Windows 10 64 Bit
Background - I had been using a HP elitebook 840 G1 which i had modded so much that i even upgraded the motherboard to the Discrete gfx version. In the US, getting parts on ebay is not a challenge, so maintaining it was not a challenge - I went through 3 motherboards and 2 displays as i have 2 toddlers at home and laptops tend to have a hard life. In India, though I am finding that laptop parts availability is very tough and prices are $$$$. I am really not too keen on a desktop, but I am convinced that 1. Gaming laptops, especially budget ones have poor thermals unsuited to indian heat and dust. 2. Getting replacement parts and service for laptops in india is next to impossible. So looking at the desktop route.

I am thinking of a 3400G+ B450 combo, but not sure if a 3300X+ low end GPU is a better combo. Anyway open to suggestions as I have not checked out the desktop scene for a very long time. I would like a cabinet as small and Wife friendly and non bling as possible (Should not look big/expensive to wife and kids) I like the CM elite 120/130 type cabinet, maybe even smaller. This will not be my primary machine - mostly for weekend gaming. I have a work laptop and a personal laptop which tends to get used during weekdays.

I will upgrade the monitor eventually (my old monitor is just to get started), and may eventually get a good GPU once prices stabilize (M
  1. What is your budget?
    • CPU
    • Mobo
    • RAM
    • SSD and HDD
    • PSU
    • Cabinet
    • Wifi +BT adapter
    • Trivandrum
    • Motherboard - NO
    • Gaming
    • CS GO
    • No
    • Windows 10 64 Bit

I will upgrade the monitor eventually (my old monitor is just to get started), and may eventually get a good GPU once prices stabilize (Maybe in a few years at this rate).
Get a 400 series mobo, if you're planning to upgrade your pc in the future then go with the 500 series as the latest gens of amd processors dont support 400 series that much
get a 1060
256/512 nvme ssd
1tb hdd
dont ever ever ever buy fancy ram, buy a good reputable memory like g skill avoid greater mhz, doesnt give you significant performance...
get a 600W psu if you're planning to upgrade your gpu if not then a 400 watt BUT with gold+ rating...
Cabinet get form fingers.com
Wifi - tenda 150s
bluetooth- TP link

Back