Car & Bike Chevy Cruze 2nd Hand - Pick or kick

My neighbor is selling his 2011 model Chevy Cruze Top end variant for 10lakh.

Its conditions is as follows:

1) 17,000 kms on ta
2) No scratch, dent or physical damage, shines just like new.
3) Reason for sale : the person changes car like underwear :hail: every now and then. He bought Audi Q3 :p.

Now, the questions i want to ask is:

1) Is is a good deal price?? Or at what price i should get it?
2) Is it a good car most important?? Overall if i see - performance,economy and comfort wise?
3) Tomorrow i might go for a test drive. What things should i consider while driving inorder to know if incase there is any issue with the engine, or to know the condition of the non visible parts?
4) Finally- Is the deal a pick or kick?

P.S. I am very much interested in cruze because i personally like it very much.

Get it evaluated through a dealer.You have first choice,carnamtion etc. What value they quote,you can pay that amount. Maybe 10k over that but Nothing over that

BUY...

Amazing car, a new one is around 17 lacs. My thought on ur deal is simple, if u have 17L then just get a new one, else at 10L you aint even getting a vento, rapid, verna, sx4 etc top end.
D only competition to a cruze in its category is a laura.
Also he is quoting u at current market value. Try to bring the cost down if possible. Im sure he will cause at the current slack market, he aint gonna find too many buyers. A 2 yr old laura goes for 10L too.

2011 well maintained Cruze for 10 lac is a great buy, you should surely go for it. Since its has got diesel mill, the price of the car in resale market will me much higher.

Also you mentioned that you know the current owner, so you buy with car without doubting on the condition of it, also if the guy is that much rich, ask him to give 50k more discount and i dont think he will mind it.

Also another point to note that, 2013 Cruze upgrade is under pipeline for the Indian market, so you better use this point in order to bargain the price if possible :)

It's a good price. I would rather pay a bit more for a known car anyway.

Someone said, pay a dealer valuation. That would be very low, and while you might get a car at that rate, it would surely have some issue with it. When I have bought used, I have paid always a bit more than the lowest price that I could find maybe but then no issues after buying.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I am talking about Bangalore pricing. Bombay etc have lower new car prices anyway. I think I paid 16.5 or 17 lakhs or a Cruze 2 years ago, and now it must be 18-19 in Bangalore.

I think the price is okish to be honest.I would haggle a bit more to get the price down.
There is no point comparing the current price of a new car as that is not the price in which the seller purchased it anyway. Since you say its more of a known car then i would say 9 TO 9.5 is a decent deal.A 2011 petrol car should have something about 40 to 50% of depreciation cost in today's time.
If i were you i wouldn't take it at 10.

take it.. don't give it a second thought. since you know the current owner personally, nothing like it... Also the standard warranty from the manufacturer will still be valid if you have any issues.

Theres a noticable turbo lag in 2011 and past cruze, and the brake pads are known to giveup in a 20k run, thats what I have heard, go for it if its all ok.

Seems like a good deal to me. Even if it is a bit overpriced (I don't know if it is), the fact that you know that the car has not been abused makes it worthwhile on its own.

there are certain things that only you can notice while personally driving the car. here are few things that you might overlook in all that joy of acquiring a new ride:

1) ask him for all the service records. you'll find out how much he loved/maintained his car.
a) if the records are well kept, there are no major engine repairs, oil is changed at stipulated intervals - you can be assured that the engine is fine.
b) if he refuses or doesn't have service records then get them from any chevy service center after paying a fee.
c) ideally, nothing should've been repaired/procured from outside when the chevy warranty was in-force.

2) unless this guy lives next door, you can't tell the reason for a scratch-less body. the car body could've been repaired.

3) in order to get the price down a bit, check for the following and see if you need to spend any money on the repairs after the purchase:
a) tire treads. if they are highly worn out then you are entitled for 20~30K discount.
b) any nags in power windows, ORVMs, wipers etc. this shouldn't change your buying decision as these parts eventually worn out. but you should get some discount as in repair money :)
c) if it's not AT then check for clutch engagement. a worn out clutch assembly costs a lot.
d) you'll anyways need to get the oil and filter changed. so include this in your negotiation.

4) call up his insurance guys and check if the car had been involved in major accidents or any major claims made. if this info doesn't match with the service records then something is seriously amiss. people generally don't go for insurance claim and get the car repaired outside. such cars could have serious structural damages and are unsafe to drive.

if you know the person very well then he may not be hiding serious stuff from you - like accidental repairs etc.
good luck!

Back