Chia Plotting Service in India

By popular request, a cloud download option is now available at a cost of Rs 200/plot with a 10 plot minimum for forum members.

at a cost of Rs 200/plot with a 10 plot minimum for forum members.
thats a steep appreciation. :D

Did you try the MadMax plotter yet? My 2x 4TB drives are already filled but I did a test run and could make a plot in 60mins i.e. 24 plots per day instead of the max 15 plots per day I could achieve.

And how is the demand for plots? My ssd seems to have reasonably high TBW endurance. Should I try offering the plotting services too? :p

thats a steep appreciation. :D

Yeah, I don't think it's worth it at that price but somehow there's a novelty to Chia plots that chases away any financial sense people may have. A kind of crypto craze, even at the crashing prices. Still, from their perspective, paying for chia plots is preferable over buying/owning a desktop and making their own.

The extra costs are based on three factors: Continually recharging my multiple internet connections because of FUP limits, Backblaze's storage/bandwidth costs and a lowered plotting capacity because I have to wait for these terabytes of data to upload.

But then again, people are charging over 1k for a single K32 plot right here in India and they have buyers who are happy to pay that much.

And how is the demand for plots? My ssd seems to have reasonably high TBW endurance. Should I try offering the plotting services too? :p

Yeah sure, other members are also interested in offering plotting services, this thread is now a free-for-all. You could also share your details with https://chia.supply/ – I have had some requests coming in from there, even from outside of India.

This thread is also the top result on google for chia plots in india (this forum has amazing seo and @NotMyRealName along with others here unintentionally helped boost the ranking with his vocal disapproval that somehow was recognized as interest/activity).

I have a few hundred TB left to plot for family/relatives (I'm charging them 5% of lifetime earnings instead of per plot) so I'm out of plotting capacity until the month end or so.

Did you try the MadMax plotter yet? My 2x 4TB drives are already filled but I did a test run and could make a plot in 60mins i.e. 24 plots per day instead of the max 15 plots per day I could achieve.

That is a pretty impressive improvement. I've got my 5900x fine tuned so the new plotter is actually slower for me (42 vs 45 with pechy's combined chiapos) per day.

Last edited:
The extra costs are based on three factors: Continually recharging my multiple internet connections because of FUP limits, Backblaze's storage/bandwidth costs and a lowered plotting capacity because I have to wait for these terabytes of data to upload.
Yeah, it was pretty unsustainable at ₹75/plot.
You could also share your details with https://chia.supply/ – I have had some requests coming in from there, even from outside of India.
Woah.. plot exchange marketplace? People have gone mad, lol. How to do it though?
I don't think any cloud service provides TBs of free storage. Also, I don't have a broadband connection of mine. I am using my employer's free internet for past 2 years, lol. Don't want to get flagged by their service provider.
That is a pretty impressive improvement.
Yeah.. but with both my hdds filled, can't benefit from it.

For large farmers like you, actual benefit of Madmax is efficient use of tbws of nvmes as it shifts the load to the RAM but then you need 110+GB of it.

Last edited:
This thread is also the top result on google for chia plots in india (this forum has amazing seo and @NotMyRealName along with others here unintentionally helped boost the ranking with his vocal disapproval that somehow was recognized as interest/activity).
Hey, i don't mind if you make some money as long as chia and all other cryptocrap that is causing hardware shortages for real users, die a horrible death and soon !

Hey, i don't mind if you make some money as long as chia and all other cryptocrap that is causing hardware shortages for real users, die a horrible death and soon !

Such BS. real users? who are real and who are fake... If I want to buy HDDs and then take them apart and have very very expensive magnets it's kinda my choice, no?

Such BS. real users? who are real and who are fake... If I want to buy HDDs and then take them apart and have very very expensive magnets it's kinda my choice, no?
No, the real BS is miners ruining the market AND the planet. As if capitalism/the stock market etc. weren't bad enough already.

And please explain why the whole world is going through a storage shortage after the chia craze. So the real users till that point weren't real enough for you?

And yes, real users are those who use storage for it's intended purpose, not for magnets and also storing nonsense in the form of a pipe-dream plot. By your logic i suppose you also support hoarding of essentials etc. like we saw at the beginning of this pandemic.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the real BS is miners ruining the market AND the planet. As if capitalism/the stock market etc. weren't bad enough already.

And please explain why the whole world is going through a storage shortage after the chia craze. So the real users till that point weren't real enough for you?

And yes, real users are those who use storage for it's intended purpose, not for magnets and also storing nonsense in the form of a pipe-dream plot. By your logic i suppose you also support hoarding of essentials etc. like we saw at the beginning of this pandemic.
real user
real user
real user
real user
HDD are meant for storage. It's up to the cash paying consumer what they store in them.
Gaming GPU's are meant for gaming but I know of people using for AI training/deep learning, although there are such real cards which are really meant for that purpose in mind. Go sue them. Wish they die.
I have use nail polish remover to clean general things. Do I write a sorry letter to their "real user"?
Last year my phone got wet and I had put it in a zip pouch with rice in it. Sue me for not using rice for it's "real use".
There are hundreds of life hacks one can find online where 'real people' use 'real things' not intended for their 'real use' as that can only be done by "real user". Sue them all. Wish they all die. Unless afcourse you might have used a life hack yourself.
Some years back there was a storm in Taiwan and most of the their HDD manufacturing took a serious blow. And the next thing you know HDD prices are through the roof although the actual shortage was yet to reflect in the market.
Chia was no where there to blame for the HDD price rise. As the typhoon was an act of GOD, think I know according to you who should die for the rise in HDD prices then.
I think you are that nieve to see it and all you can do is to wish people dead while sitting at home and writing on your little phone bullying people who are actually doing some thing with their time, with your ‘real user’ BS.
Capitalism or for the lack of a better word greed is what drives this world today.
Nvidia for example saw a void in the market and launched there 'TI' models with minor jump in performance while a major jump price was apparent. They saw that people are prepared to pay more than the MSRP and they have done just that with their prices, scalpers or no scalpers, miners or no miners. Now wish Jensen would die and not to buy another Nvidia product ever!
I believe you had proven a point long back and I was in agreement, but now you are just skinning the cat.
I wish you would grow up and make better use of your time.
Best of luck

real user
real user
real user
real user
HDD are meant for storage. It's up to the cash paying consumer what they store in them.
Gaming GPU's are meant for gaming but I know of people using for AI training/deep learning, although there are such real cards which are really meant for that purpose in mind. Go sue them. Wish they die.
I have use nail polish remover to clean general things. Do I write a sorry letter to their "real user"?
Last year my phone got wet and I had put it in a zip pouch with rice in it. Sue me for not using rice for it's "real use".
There are hundreds of life hacks one can find online where 'real people' use 'real things' not intended for their 'real use' as that can only be done by "real user". Sue them all. Wish they all die. Unless afcourse you might have used a life hack yourself.
Some years back there was a storm in Taiwan and most of the their HDD manufacturing took a serious blow. And the next thing you know HDD prices are through the roof although the actual shortage was yet to reflect in the market.
Chia was no where there to blame for the HDD price rise. As the typhoon was an act of GOD, think I know according to you who should die for the rise in HDD prices then.
I think you are that nieve to see it and all you can do is to wish people dead while sitting at home and writing on your little phone bullying people who are actually doing some thing with their time, with your ‘real user’ BS.
Capitalism or for the lack of a better word greed is what drives this world today.
Nvidia for example saw a void in the market and launched there 'TI' models with minor jump in performance while a major jump price was apparent. They saw that people are prepared to pay more than the MSRP and they have done just that with their prices, scalpers or no scalpers, miners or no miners. Now wish Jensen would die and not to buy another Nvidia product ever!
I believe you had proven a point long back and I was in agreement, but now you are just skinning the cat.
I wish you would grow up and make better use of your time.
Best of luck
Go back and read what i've written. In case you still didn't understand, i guess i'll have to spell it out here? What sane person would wish another dead? Even their worst enemy?

Also good job condoning capitalism/greed. And adding and contributing to it. Are you "part of the problem or the solution"?

The entire world is suffering with covid, and you people are making excuses for your one-sided greedy nonsense even depriving people of GPUs and storage.

And yes, i have better things to do with my time. i'm not even interested in continuing this conversation, but replying to posts mentioning me.

First of all OP never mentioned you to begin with. No one thinks you are that important. Check it or take my word for it.
And the whole world is suffering due to covid and there are GPU and storage shortage. No connection or logic. Depriving people of storage and GPU can only be a first world problem. Don't try to use Covid to justify your nonsense.

First of all OP never mentioned you to begin with. No one thinks you are that important. Check it or take my word for it.
And the whole world is suffering due to covid and there are GPU and storage shortage. No connection or logic. Depriving people of storage and GPU can only be a first world problem. Don't try to use Covid to justify your nonsense.
Yeah, OP mentioning me is quoted right above my post. Maybe open your eyes first and get off your assumption trip and also stop demanding that people stop sharing their opinions on a public forum. Like you too are doing.

For most people stuck at home due to lockdowns etc. their computers maybe be their only or primary entertainment. So GPUs and storage are an important part of that.

Of course miners by their actions themselves are proved greedy and selfish so can't expect them to consider the needs of others. More shameless than the average person for sure.

Instead blame capitalism and everything else.

Still no Chia.
Ran out of space.
What next??

Attachments

• chia.jpg
    chia.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 142
For most people stuck at home due to lockdowns etc. their computers maybe be their only or primary entertainment. So GPUs and storage are an important part of that.

Of course miners by their actions themselves are proved greedy and selfish so can't expect them to consider the needs of others. More shameless than the average person for sure.
Its a privilege to have a computer in home. Its about money and those who afford it has it. Its as simple as that.

Hoarding/scalpers/miners all them are trying to earn money to spend it on other things they want or like; it may or may not be computer related. Why would miners consider the need of others?. It is a money oriented economy. One with more cash and connections thrives.

I have a GTX 1080 and I wanted to sell it and upgrade to 3080. Though I can afford to buy a 3080 at 2 lacs, I am holding back and using my 1080 as long as I can. There is no shame in earning money as long as its not illegal.

What next??

And now, we wait. Or join an unofficial pool?

Two day earnings with 600+ plots:

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 7.42.46 PM.png

Last payout received (do not share screenshots like this, it contains sensitive information):

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 7.46.15 PM.png

I'm farming with Core Pool https://core-pool.com all announcements are made on discord: https://discord.gg/VqsKG6zbc4

Core Pool unofficial stats: https://pauger.hu/core-pool/

Core Pool unofficial calculator: https://corepool-calc.poolminer.work/

There is some distrust associated with the pool operators. It's because they're not native english speakers so there has been communication mishaps because of incorrect grammar/words.

There are precautions to take with unofficial pools. You should consider your wallet compromised once you install their client on the same machine as your existing chia node/wallet and never use that wallet to receive XCH. So you'll need to set up a chia node/wallet on another system, and use that wallet to receive pool payments.

Still no Chia.

Also, check your logs to make sure look up times are healthy? Mine are under a second, which is okay for a network share. They should be as low as possible, well tuned setups have times of under 0.1 second.

3 plots were eligible for farming e9e67d962a... Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.85918 s.

Its a privilege to have a computer in home. Its about money and those who afford it has it. Its as simple as that.

Hoarding/scalpers/miners all them are trying to earn money to spend it on other things they want or like; it may or may not be computer related. Why would miners consider the need of others?. It is a money oriented economy. One with more cash and connections thrives.

I have a GTX 1080 and I wanted to sell it and upgrade to 3080. Though I can afford to buy a 3080 at 2 lacs, I am holding back and using my 1080 as long as I can. There is no shame in earning money as long as its not illegal.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...rranty-then-backs-down.3708973/#post-22356524

Last edited by a moderator:

So good news? Haha. I mean, yeah, it's good news that Crucial will honor the warranty based on years/TBW for their SSDs instead of use cases (plotting vs boot drive). But this is a moot point anyway, newer plotters are now available that reduce TBW by 75% compared to what was officially released by Chia.

People wasting the world's limited resources in another desperate attempt to avoid honest work?

This is such a low effort argument. Bitcoin's estimated to use 114 TWh per year, which is 0.005% of the world's yearly consumption. This is despite the fact that 2/3rds of the mining farms run on renewable energy. And you don't even need look far, right here in India we have solar installations for mining farms.

Anecdote: the Airtel lineman that came install to fiber, he saw my passive income farm (a bunch of quad cores) and immediately asked if I was mining. It's that common. I live a stone's throw away from 'slums' and not a single person within a kilometer owns a car worth more than 20 lakhs and yet the people here know what mining is.

Just because the job/work didn't exist previously doesn't mean it's not a legitimate source of income. Economies change, you can stay current or be that person that's paid to manually write down serial numbers in a ledger every morning for attendance only to be eventually replaced by a biometric reader.

to be fair "honest work" isnt the reality for many ppl.

its basically slave labor where your job doesnt care for you, only your results, while also paying you the bare minimum when thats barely enoguh to surive let alone save and be comfortable in old age.

This person gets it. Most people mining already have day jobs. It's just not enough.

So good news? Haha. I mean, yeah, it's good news that Crucial will honor the warranty based on years/TBW for their SSDs instead of use cases (plotting vs boot drive). But this is a moot point anyway, newer plotters are now available that reduce TBW by 75% compared to what was officially released by Chia.

This is such a low effort argument. Bitcoin's estimated to use 114 TWh per year, which is 0.005% of the world's yearly consumption. This is despite the fact that 2/3rds of the mining farms run on renewable energy. And you don't even need look far, right here in India we have solar installations for mining farms.

Anecdote: the Airtel lineman that came install to fiber, he saw my passive income farm (a bunch of quad cores) and immediately asked if I was mining. It's that common. I live a stone's throw away from 'slums' and not a single person within a kilometer owns a car worth more than 20 lakhs and yet the people here know what mining is.

Just because the job/work didn't exist previously doesn't mean it's not a legitimate source of income. Economies change, you can stay current or be that person that's paid to manually write down serial numbers in a ledger every morning for attendance only to be eventually replaced by a biometric reader.

This person gets it. Most people mining already have day jobs. It's just not enough.
Day jobs are enough only for top 1% at best. Rest keep scrambling all their lives.
Just today's TOI had some stats like 40% of all covid patients who got admitted in hospitals lost all their savings to bills.
But at the same time, I hope poeple don't invest a lot of money in crypto without truly understanding the risks.

Back