Which Mobo?

• Pro4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fatal1ty K4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tomahawk MAX

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
The Steel Legend has a different VRM arrangement. It is a 4phase VRM without doublers, and because of that it has higher temps compared to the Pro4 and K4's 3phase VRMs with doublers.
Also the temperature difference between K4 and Pro4 would probably be in margin or error but for peace of mind you can go with the K4. Your choice dude, both are the same mobo anyway.
Asrock B450 Steel Legend is indeed a legend like will Smith in Legend Movie but when we come to B550 mobos their pricing is of another level and in both the cases as in B450 & B550 Asrock Pro4 are legendary mobos with Rock solid bioses that does not need any more updates and their VRM cooling heatsinksare minimal but their performance is superb when we take price to performance ratio because I used B450 Steel Legend & B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac which are rock solid both in terms of VRM cooling setup and performance when not overclocked since I never overclocked my PC until now.

Go with either B450 Pro4 or Steel Legend if you choose to go with B450 chipset.
Or
Go with either B550 Pro4 or Phantom Gaming 4/ac if you choose to go with B550 chipset.

Choice is yours.

Can you recommend some good quality budget fans?
I think for your use case (3600 and rx 570 build) additional fans won't be worth it really. Both of these aren't really particularly hot components, or produce too much heat. I'd recommend you see if the stock fan configuration of the case isn't enough (Temps reaching 80+c), and only then get more fans.
Edot: as a reference, I'm running a Vega 64 Liquid and 3600XT in a Silverstone PS15 Pro with the stock fan config which is imilar to the Lian Li case (2 fans in from, 1 in the rear) but had to put one of the fans on the top as intake since the radiator went up front. I get 85C on CPU and 60c on GPU when both are under 100% load, 80c on CPU only loads and 58C on GPU only loads (this is with both the CPU and GPU substantially overclocked btw). I didn't have to purchase any more fans, just readjusted the ones given with the case. Have fun with your build!

I think for your use case (3600 and rx 570 build) additional fans won't be worth it really. Both of these aren't really particularly hot components, or produce too much heat. I'd recommend you see if the stock fan configuration of the case isn't enough (Temps reaching 80+c), and only then get more fans.
When using stock cooler also it does not reach 60°C as I am using AMD Wraith Prism Cooler which is showing just 55°C under full load

If you want a robust but cheaper cooler then you can buy Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition.

But if you can get the AMD Wraith Prism Cooler somehow then it would be good.

When using stock cooler also it does not reach 60°C as I am using AMD Wraith Prism Cooler which is showing just 55°C under full load

If you want a robust but cheaper cooler then you can buy Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition.

But if you can get the AMD Wraith Prism Cooler somehow then it would be good.
The Wraith Prism is actually pretty expensive. I saw it for about 3.5k when looking for coolers. Eventually ended up going for the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 since it performs very similarly to Hyper 212 and is half the price. I'd got it for 1400 about 1.5months ago, and it had dropped the temps of my 2200G from 91c to 69c (CPU and IGPU under full load while heavily overclocked). Later when I put it on my 3600XT, I got pretty good cooling even at 1.3125V and was able to get an avg of 4.3Ghz all core boost at 85C, compared to 4.1Ghz all core of stock at 75C. For 3600 a cheap cooler like mine would be more than sufficient, and this one outperforms the Wraith Prism by quite a margin. The only reason I'd recommend a Wraith Prism is if someone desperately wants the RGB, otherwise car better options exist at far cheaper prices. Just my 2c :)

The Wraith Prism is actually pretty expensive. I saw it for about 3.5k when looking for coolers. Eventually ended up going for the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 since it performs very similarly to Hyper 212 and is half the price. I'd got it for 1400 about 1.5months ago, and it had dropped the temps of my 2200G from 91c to 69c (CPU and IGPU under full load while heavily overclocked). Later when I put it on my 3600XT, I got pretty good cooling even at 1.3125V and was able to get an avg of 4.3Ghz all core boost at 85C, compared to 4.1Ghz all core of stock at 75C. For 3600 a cheap cooler like mine would be more than sufficient, and this one outperforms the Wraith Prism by quite a margin. The only reason I'd recommend a Wraith Prism is if someone desperately wants the RGB, otherwise car better options exist at far cheaper prices. Just my 2c :)
AMD Wraith Prism is made by Cooler Master for AMD but cheaper coolers like Deepcool might lessen the Temps but getting the best air cooler like Hyper 212 might give an edge when we overclock when AMD Ryzen processors age after maybe 2 years later.

It all depends on the number of heatpipes on the cooler.

So I would recommend CM Hyper 212 Black Edition and if you want cheaper coolers then Deepcool GammaxGT.

Just my 2cents.

Why not extend your budget slightly & get a B550 motherboard at this point of time? These newer ones are a bit pricey but almost all, event the lower priced ones, models have better VRMs & are better build compared to b450 boards. You'll also gain better compatibility support for Ryzen 5XXX series & possibly the rumored 5XXX series refresh.

Back