Monitors Chromatic Aberrations on my LCD monitors

lockhrt999

Not a Fan.
Skilled
IMG_20211027_132630.jpg

A very zoomed image showing the problem.

I have two monitors both connected digitally (HDMI & DVI) to GT 1030. This colour fringing was going on for some time but I didn't realize it until now. It's showing on both monitors. Not the entire displays though but only in some patches. I'm guessing the problem is not with the monitors but it's either with GPU or OS. I have ran cleartype utility and that didn't solve it.

This doesn't look as bad as the image as my eyes can hardly notice it.

Any solution?

You forgot to mention monitor models.
My friend has LG and I think he faced similar issues where the text wasn't crisp clear.

View attachment 118385
A very zoomed image showing the problem.

I have two monitors both connected digitally (HDMI & DVI) to GT 1030. This colour fringing was going on for some time but I didn't realize it until now. It's showing on both monitors. Not the entire displays though but only in some patches. I'm guessing the problem is not with the monitors but it's either with GPU or OS. I have ran cleartype utility and that didn't solve it.

This doesn't look as bad as the image as my eyes can hardly notice it.

Any solution?
Is there any settings on the display you can adjust for this?
Try a different font or even different os if possible.

You forgot to mention monitor models.
My friend has LG and I think he faced similar issues where the text wasn't crisp clear.
LG E2351
Dell ST2420L

LG connected over DVI and Dell is connected over HDMI
Is there any settings on the display you can adjust for this?
Unfortunately no.
Try a different font or even different os if possible.
Problem visible in different applications so maybe not related to fonts.

I'll try connecting them to another machine/laptop. Good idea thanks.

I'm using Dell S2240L on hdmi output and its the best monitor ever I used. No issues whatsoever and has glossy glass finish which enhances the color.

Right. That's why I'm thinking the problem is with the GPU or operating system.
Try other monitor before reaching on a conclusion. For friends LG we cycled through a lot of options before settling on something. Most of my friends incl. me use dual or triple monitor setups that too all monitors of different brands so its easy to troubleshoot!

Back