Video chromecast vs teewe 2 vs ????!

can you pls tell how to ascertain/differentiate between different models of mk808b plus? for instance, there are two available on ebay India, and both read 'original mk808b plus'.

is miracast as good as casting on chromecast? say for instance i have my phone or tab with me in front of the TV and wish to browse/play videos in my playlist through it, then is the playback decent enough?

also, you may try installing either GAPPS for your version of android if you haven't or if its possible to be done on the stick, or could also try installing individual blacked out apps from TBO app (team black out).
I wasnt able to get Mira cast to work on the previous rom probably cause my phone didnt support. @prabs was able to do it with his Nexus tablet. The Google tv rom guy says its working. Will try in a day or two and let you know.[DOUBLEPOST=1443514496][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, MK808 has many variants, I have seen 3. You have do lots of research :/
Not really, availability issues aside, just ask Gearbest. They actually do have and idea about this stuff.

I cancelled my order from gearbest for shitty support. Bought one off ebay with coupons and unused cashback and got more cashback in total paid 2.7k. Had paid 2380 to gearbest. So in the end ~300 premium.
Btw anyone trying to buy now. Hold off. Golden week in China so the orders will be delayed a lot.

Absolutely loving the Android TV rom. Damn thing is very sleek from the boot till the end and has all the apps - Kodi, MX player, Vlc. It also has an amazing Youtube interface but its a bit hard in the sense that once you are on the video, cant navigate to its channel for other videos etc. Maybe will install the normal app for that.

But I like how this thing is so versatile. Now I want to sideload a few apps. Any ideas where I can get Apks for apps like Youtube etc since playstore only has android tv apps? (Which are pretty good btw just not exhaustive.)
I was thinking Bl*ckM*art but last I checked they had some shitty adware.
Isn't there a gapps addon for it? If its a CM12.1 or something maybe you can look at the gapps zip and install it from TWRP/Custom recovery.[DOUBLEPOST=1443541335][/DOUBLEPOST]
yes, that's the only way of writing to them i guess. two of them awaiting response.
Try FB. Responses are much quicker.

Last edited:
Question:
How near should the router be to any of these sticks (teewe/chromecast ) etc ? In my case the router is a 150 mbps one at a distance of about 5-6 meters. (one window , one wall in between) . At this distance I can stream youtube on my mobile easily. BUt a guy from cubetek claimed mobile wifi chips and these streaming wifi chips are different things entirely.
I only want to play content via mobile/desktop -> router -> stick(TV)

Last edited:
Question:
How near should the router be to any of these sticks (teewe/chromecast ) etc ? In my case the router is a 150 mbps one at a distance of about 5-6 meters. (one window , one wall in between) . At this distance I can stream youtube on my mobile easily. BUt a guy from cubetek claimed mobile wifi chips and these streaming wifi chips are different things entirely.
I only want to play content via mobile/desktop -> router -> stick(TV)

on my newly arrived device, the connection, as was predicted, struggles to remain stable. the router is placed about 3-4 meters away from it, and at a height. I would now be using an Ethernet connection to it, using a USB-LAN adapter.

Hey guys, I want to stream my movies from my computer to my TV (using a HDMI dongle). Which hardware should I go for? I am getting confused with so many around. Teewee 2.0 vs. Ezcast vs. MK 808.

Google's Chromecast app by itself doesn't have any provision to stream offline videos...
But there are a lot of 3rd party apps like plex, emby, videostream etc to stream offline videos to the chromecast...
The problem with desktop streaming is that the apps are not standalone programs but rather open up in the chrome browser and then cast from there...
I recently got a chromecast but I have not been able to successfully watch a movie properly from my desktop.. However I have been using an app called localcast from my nexus tab and able to watch a few tv episodes..
This app does not support x265 videos though.. Hence now I'm experimenting more on the desktop apps like plex & emby..

People who are using plex, could you tell me whether I need to pay the activation charge to control the plex server (installed on my desktop) via the plex app on my nexus tab, even though I will be streaming only on local network and do not want the cloud services?

Back