Audio Circle Arko speakers - Discussion Thread

Looks like Circle has very good customer support! At least that's a consolation. My remote was acting a bit hazy but I just remove the battery and re-insert it, and it works just fine.

The only downside of these units I keep struggling with everyday is, the input and the volume/bass/treble settings are lost each time the speaker is turned off. :(

Looks like Circle has very good customer support! At least that's a consolation. My remote was acting a bit hazy but I just remove the battery and re-insert it, and it works just fine.

The only downside of these units I keep struggling with everyday is, the input and the volume/bass/treble settings are lost each time the speaker is turned off. :(
Yeah, that's the irritating part, but my altec VS3251 has been doing the same for years :p

Finally opened the Arko 80w box two weeks back, the remote wasn't working. So I contacted customer care and they shipped a new remote in two days flat. Service & response seems to be very good.

After using 100w Arko for two months now, I find 80w to be sounding better or maybe it's just the placebo effect.

i think the 80W(atters) might be sounding 'tighter', isn't it?! and thank DTDC as well for the difference in sound that you perceive, between the 100W and 80W ones :|

Guys, I got my speaker back 3 days after I gave it in for service. now its working fine again. Maybe the speaker from one of the guys who returned the piece has been used to give a new lease of life to my set. I am ok with that. Service was good and the guys were helpful. What they told me was that they never sold these in their normal distribution business and thats why they never have stock to give during RMA's.

Anyway I wanted to check what would be a good sound card for this set. I am currently using onboard of my Maximus Gene Z, but I am sure a disreet sound card would do wonders. I used to use the Asus DG, but due to no PCI solt I was forced to sell it. I am waiting for the DGX.

How it is compare with Altec MX5021. Is it better than MX5021? looking for a upgrade. Pls suggestion those who heard/have both the set.

Hey it is in the first page itself. In short, it sounded better than the MX. But the only downer like I mentioned before, is that the input/vol./bass/tre. settings are reset once the unit is turned off. Each time you have to set it when it is turned on.

Let's see if my budget is between 15K-20K,
Hey it is in the first page itself. In short, it sounded better than the MX. But the only downer like I mentioned before, is that the input/vol./bass/tre. settings are reset once the unit is turned off. Each time you have to set it when it is turned on.
Thanks for your info[DOUBLEPOST=1363844017][/DOUBLEPOST]Let's see if my budget is between 15K-20K, Pls suggest me the 2.0 speakers. I will be mainly listening to Rock genre and the bass should be tight, bass should not overwhelm the mid. I can ready to take even Passive setup as well. My main preference will be music with rock genre. I am staying in Chennai, If possible pls tell me where I can audience the set before I can buy.

with a passive set-up, you'll have to buy an amplifier too that goes well with rock music.
check 'swan' speakers (active).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can anybody pls tell me how much a new set of arko 80W cost?

Guys, I got my speaker back 3 days after I gave it in for service. now its working fine again. Maybe the speaker from one of the guys who returned the piece has been used to give a new lease of life to my set. I am ok with that. Service was good and the guys were helpful. What they told me was that they never sold these in their normal distribution business and thats why they never have stock to give during RMA's.

Anyway I wanted to check what would be a good sound card for this set. I am currently using onboard of my Maximus Gene Z, but I am sure a disreet sound card would do wonders. I used to use the Asus DG, but due to no PCI solt I was forced to sell it. I am waiting for the DGX.
DGX is now available with @PristineNote

Last edited by a moderator:
How it is compare with Altec MX5021. Is it better than MX5021? looking for a upgrade. Pls suggestion those who heard/have both the set.

I have both and I wouldn't consider then much of an upgrade; rather I would call it a worthy alternative considering that the MX is no longer in production and the Arko 80W can be had for 3.5k which is far less than the cheapest MX used to sell for (6-7k).

here's a teardown of one of their smaller models
http://www.mygarage.ro/teste-si-review-uri/111768-review-microlab-solo-4c.html
Power is a bit less than claimed, (RMS looks more like half the rated amount) but the hardware is pretty decent

These are still available for purchase from circle directly if you are willing to make a few calls, though their pricing has gone up significantly (11 and 12K now ) bringing them dangerously close to an amp/bookshelf combo which starts at 15K.

Last edited:
Recently called Circle up to enquire if these are available with them directly. Sadly they are not although they are listed on their website. Tried a lot to get hold of a pair in Kolkata, no luck whatsoever.

Back