PC Peripherals CM600 or Corsair VX450 or Tagan TG500-U37

mib2_007

Disciple
I need to buy a PSU to run my 4850. I need to choose between Cooler master extreme power CM600 (approx 3.4k), Corsair vx450 and tagan TG500-U 37(approx 3.6k)

now I am on areal tight budget.. so tell m if Cooler Master is OK or what?? Please help urgently

^^ Since you brought the point of zebronics pro, I am sure you observed that there is no UL number on the zebby pro psu. So how can you say if the zebronics pro psu that one is going to buy now is a HEC OEM or not? Saiyan did say in his preview that the HEC OEM of zebronics pro has a better finish, how can one still know its an HEC oem? Unless you have a NON HEC oem of the zebronic pro.

Cm real power 460w seem to be the only feasible option IMO.

^^dats old PRO series. Now all PRO from Zebby are HEC OEMs...so far I hav noticed while selling them.

btw Antec Earthenware 500W @3.2k is also a gud option and far better than VX450, but finding dealers for Antec is the difficult part :)

vx 450 is mecuh better than cooler master.. even though cooler master gives 600W?? please explain

ok.. simply.. what is the heaviest config that VX450 could run?? add all that you can and still think than VX450 will run...

VX 450 can run a Quad-Core + HD4870 if you add a power connecter for the PCIE slot...cuz the card needs two connectors and the psu has only one

cranky said:
Earthenware??? As in, made of clay???

And let me get this straight - you are a dealer in PC peripherals?

:rofl:
I think he means Earth Watts.

@TS
VX450 :)
You can consider CM RP 460 or Tagan U37 if youi want to spend less.
It should all be good as long as you avoid the 600W extreme power.

lol...o my gash!!! wat was I thinking when I posted dat!!...sry guys :( I was just out of my bed in the morning after a busy day yesterday, was completely out of mind when I was posting it...did some funny posts in the Thinkdigit forum too :ashamed:

I actually meant Earth Watts 500W. :)

I think its better than VX450, read this review : http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/526

Hmm so is the Antec Earthwatts for 3.2k? How come none of the dealers here have it?

And Cranky whats your say? How does it compare to VX450? :)

I'm using the EA380 in one of my rigs. It is a Seasonic like the VX, and is a little quieter (which is the main reason it's running that rig). It's rated a little less conservatively than the VX (as the higher models would be), so I don't think the EA500 will be capable of the 500+ watts the VX450 is able to deliver. It is quite possible that the VX450 and the EA500 are indeed very similar or exactly the same supply, with Corsair requesting some additional mods to push the power rating up and then backing off the label to deliver that jaw-dropping difference between label and real-world perf. Reverse marketing strategy, and it worked.

Regardless, I think the Antec is a good choice, but i haven't used it myself so caveat emptor. Corsair may have better support capabilities, I know of a few horror stories with Antec service. The few times I've used Antec, I've not had a problem (knock on wood). It's just that the Corsair has built up a formidable rep and is always the safer choice anyway.

Prime was keeping the Earthenware (sorry, I really can't resist such a wonderful name!) supplies four months ago. You might want to check when they are coming in. They show up as non-stock at IT depot too, so I doubt they are available as of now. Antec does have some supply and stocking issues in India I think. Very erratic availability.

^^ya dats wat keeps me from buying Antec, even if I can get hold of Antec somehow, the RMA will be the difficult part.

btw guys wats ur opinion abt Glacial Power GP-AL650AA @4.3k? almost the same price of that of VX450.

j1n M@tt said:
^^ya dats wat keeps me from buying Antec, even if I can get hold of Antec somehow, the RMA will be the difficult part.

btw guys wats ur opinion abt Glacial Power GP-AL650AA @4.3k? almost the same price of that of VX450.

where is it available at 4.3k ? let me know please :)

Back