Graphic Cards Coil whine on Aorus RTX 2060 Super. Help.

Trickshot17

Disciple
I have been using this card more than year now. When i game i hear a noise similar to coil whine for 2-3 seconds not more than that. This is the model. GPU. Any kind of help will be useful. Thanks. Fan is in passive mode so when it has no load its wont be running. and i also tried it running normally while not gaming i dont get the noise.

I'll have a look into this. And want to know whether the GPU is defective. Should i RMA it?
Coil whine is normal in graphics card specially at higher frequencies. As far as I know, this is not a defect & should not impact the functioning of the card in long run. Regarding RMA, I am not sure if Gigabyte would even consider coil whine an issue but there is certainly no harm in trying it. Although the new card you get might still have the same issue so not sure if it is worth all the hassle specially in these times where you will most probably be looking at long waiting times for getting a replacement.

Let other folks with more experience regarding RMA due to coil whine chime in here, they might be able to guide you better regarding this.

Its similar to running your cpu fan to its max making unusual noise on full cpu load where temps shoot beyond 75c etc.
You may try rma but i'm sure the outcome might be disappointing as this issue seldom qualifies for a replacement and even if its does unless gigabyte have worked or released a v2.0 hsf assembly (correcting any such issues) the replacement gpu may or may not we worththe replacement + waste of time.
Still try emailing gigabyte or directly rma quoting some other reasons if you DO require a replacement card..for a peace of mind..

Last edited:
Its similar to running your cpu fan to its max making unusual noise on full cpu load where temps shoot beyond 75c etc.
You may try rma but i'm sure the outcome might be disappointing as this issue seldom qualifies for a replacement and even if its does unless gigabyte have worked or released a v2.0 hsf assembly (correcting any such issues) the replacement gpu may or may not we worthy the replacement and waste of time.
Still try emailing gigabyte or directly rma quoting some other reason if you DO require a replacement card..for a peace of mind..
mine is v1.0 and they released a v2.0 too. Maybe ill try emailing some time later. i dont have any spare gpu and no integrated graphics. It would really be a problem. Maybe the gpu situation gets better i may try. Thanks man.

Back