Colour laser toner cartridge 125A

Pimpom

Disciple
I need to order a set of toner cartridges for HP colour laser printer CP1215. An original set costs over 25k at the HP store, so I'm looking for third-party products. These start from about 3.5k for a full CYMK set. The problem with after-market consumables/accessories/spare parts is that quality can be anywhere from as-good-as-original to awful.

For example, there are plenty of compatibles for the popular HP 12A black toner cartridge. Some are obviously refilled old cartridges, some are refurbished (drum replaced on old cartridge), while some appear to be manufactured from scratch. I've bought several 12A cartridges by Frontech for a fraction of the cost of an original HP cartridge and am well satisfied with the quality.

Colour laser printers are much less common than monochrome ones. So are their cartridges. Does anyone know of a 125A set of cartridges that they can recommend?

I don't have any specific recommendations, but I have been pleased with Profissy black toners on Amazon.

What I'm curious about is if your colour laser printer is economical? It would appear that buying a whole new printer, which comes with the starter toner kit, is cheaper than buying the replacement toners. I've seen this be true for other brands as well. Wouldn't an ink tank printer be a better choice?

Thanks for your interest. It's true that buying an original set of cartridges for >20k makes no sense. But if I can get a good after-market set for 3.5-4k, it's a different story especially since I already have the printer with me. Besides, lasers are less finicky about maintenance than inkjets.

I'm not sure about 3rd party cartridges, but your best bet would be to refill the existing cartridges by yourself. The refill toner costs way less than a toner cartridge.

Back