Commonwealth Games discussion thread

mjumrani

Skilled
If anyone read today's newspaper they would know what I'm talking about.
This is such a disgrace, I swear to god. I feel pissed off about it.
All these politicians and the organizing committee has is done is embarrass this country.

Thoughts....

Re: These common wealth are such a disgrace

blame should go on the contractors and the people who awarded the contracts. govt should just blacklist these good for nothing people who disgrace the nation.

I firmly believed the idiots could host the games properly but well, from the looks of things, its not going to happen. Theres still hope though...who knows, they might pull off a miracle!

It really is disgraceful and shameful. The guy who came out with the defence that our standards of hygiene were different from those of westerners when they'd complained about the dirty rooms deserves to be smacked in the face.

CWG 10 = EPIC FAIL.

I have no words for this embarrassment... And they are thinking of hosting the olympics o_O

Craziness.... it'll be stupid to expect any major event over here in the future..

its not just the contractors, they want to eat money, then there is the politicians who want to eat money. Then come their relatives and then the politicians again. Greedy bastards. They should be hanged

When I saw today's news paper, it had headlines 'Commonwealth Games National Shame' followed by a report of bridge crash. But it was not surprising or shocking as it was known to all something of this sort would happen. What saddened me was the comments from the NZ Prime Minister and the Commonwealth authorities. And the comment from some asshole that our standards of hygiene are different from the westerners really pissed me off. I am unable to get it out of my mind. We have proved to the world that we are a shameless and spineless nation who wouldn't even move our asses to salvage our national pride.

Today our nation stands disgraced and I am ashamed to call myself an Indian.

Here is another report to put off your day:

CWG like 'a bad joke', says Canadian media - The Times of India

The way I see it, if athletes from other countries don't participate then it increases our chances in at getting more medals.

There is no end to the greed of these politicians and these contractors.

They should be prosecuted and asked to pay back as penalty the amount of the contract that they have received with interest.

This is really shameful for the country.

Woke up ... went to the door and picked up the paper.... saw the headline and the picture.... started :rofl: ....

Sometimes all you can do is laugh... :p

^^^ you guys seriously believe that people who made the mess are going to be punished. If anyone is going to be punished, it is the common folks who have shelled out money to pay for these games.

Taxes will always bee there. They are there in every country and everyone pays. Only difference is somebody puts it in their pocket in India

who is gonna watch that event any ways?

on the 1st day of CLT20 saw Farooq abdullah at the match venue.

so no politicians will acknowledge it as a failure even it turns out to be one.

the way i see it the foreign media will be happy to state india as a "third World country" again.

chiron said:
The way I see it, if athletes from other countries don't participate then it increases our chances in at getting more medals.
Good that at least someone sees some good in all this. :)

and to think the cwg contract was awarded in 2005. wow 5 years and these useless nut jobs showcase our country even worse than it looks.

All the countries participating should just opt out and the comittee should ban india from hosting any more games. Should be like a slap or a kick in the face to these morons.

6pack said:
and to think the cwg contract was awarded in 2005. wow 5 years and these useless nut jobs showcase our country even worse than it looks.
Actually, it was even before 2005. It was during the NDA's tenure that India was awarded the CWG hosting for 2010.

i started a thread 2 months back on this i guess , all you guys who cannot take criticism and the jokes that are going to come , kindly shut your eyes and ears off for next couple of months , i think it will be called off seeing how it is going and thats sad , what is even sadder is that we could not have done anything , it should not have been taken in first place and secondly there should have been better people managing it , in the end , the whole mess came out very late to do something about it

This UPA government is useless. CWG in the toilet. Look at Kashmir man. This is all so saddening.

Back