CPU/Mobo comp restarts???

magnet said:
yup but i dont c bsod....the moniter switches off .......but all parts working i can hear the voice

By voice, you mean the sounds on the computer right?? Lol!! I think you either have a monitor problem here, or a loose monitor adaptor..:)

If the system is still working fine, then its not a problem with a system.

Check if the monitor power goes off completely or its just the signal to the monitor that has gone kaput.

magnet said:
yup but i dont c bsod....the moniter switches off .......but all parts working i can hear the voice

Is the power light on your monitor still on but it's not displaying anything? If you've checked the cables and it's still happening, it could very easily be a problem with your video card.

If you have Windows set to save a dump file when a BSOD happens, you should be able to read why the BSOD happened in the Event Viewer. So first to make sure you're saving a dump file, go to "Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings" and check to make sure at least Small memory dump is selected.

Go to the Event Viewer like dipdude told you and look in Application and System for any event that includes "Source: Save Dump". If you find one, copy and paste the description here. That won't tell us anything by itself because it's all just a bunch of numbers. However, go on your Windows XP CD-ROM to the "Support\Tools\" folder and there should be a SUPPORT.CAB file. Extract just pstat.exe from that cab file somewhere on your hard drive. Run pstat.exe in a DOS Command window and take a screenshot of just the last section of the output. It may take more than 1 screenshot to fit them all on.

Although I'm still putting my money on it being a problem with your video card and it may not even cause a BSOD.

Back