Company selection Urgent

flash23

Adept
Hi,
Im doing BE Elec & TeleComm from Pune University (7th sem) having aggr of 61% till now in engg.
I want to do MBA in 1~2 years and I need to take up a job Ive got 2 offers while another ones confirmation is awaited. I need your help in selecting the best company that will allow me to prepare for CAT (lesser work pressure better work environment) and also whose name will look better in my CV.
Infosys 3.25lpa CTC
Accenture 3 CTC
confirmation awaited CTS- cognizant 3.5 CTC
I really need help in choosing between Infy and Accenture.
Thanks.

I think Accenture will be better on your resume... and I think Accenture has one of its major offices mear kalyani nagar (that is in case you stay in the city and not on the outskirts)... Cause if u have to travel to hinjewadi every day then you will be wasting a lot of time just travelling...

Please note that all this depends on where you stay...

Thanks for your prompt reply.

One more question, how is CTS compared to Accenture? Its offering better salary also chances of staying in Pune are very high. The Accenture HR said that the chances of Pune posting are very very slim almost none. Also Ive heard that CTS is "treats" its employees the best along with no bond, Infy has a bond of 1.5yrs, no idea about Accenture's bond period.

Infosys. Better than accenture...

And its just beginning of your real life... So dont think about staying at home. Stay away. Build yourself for 2 years and then come back..

Whichever firm you join, two years toh ghisna hi hai :)

xtremevicky said:
That office in Kalyani nagar is a BPO office !

Take up Infi IMO !

Its not really in Kalyani nagar is actually near sastri nagar.... I really dont remember the location.... Its office was right behind mine and that definately was not a BPO.... Atleast till what i saw then I dont know...

Accenture is in Magarpatta too....
Where do you stay...really depends on that but are as good...
I stay in Kalyani and go to Hinjiwadi everyday and its a PITA.

Accenture posting in Pune is almost impossible it will possibly be either Bangalore or Chennai. Only CTS is giving some assurance, no idea about Infy. The main thing is that I should be able to prepare for CAT I wont be doing this job for more than 2 years.

Similar confusion here as well, but have the added choice of Schneider Electric @ 4.75CTC

BE CSE

Being in CSE, would it be better to go for Software dev in an Electrical company, or take the major hit in pay and go for Accenture/TCS?

Accenture has 3 locations in Pune. 2 in Magarpatta and 1 in Hinjewadi. And you might get training in Pune location @ Hinjewadi.
If you have any specific Qs about Accenture, Pune - let me know.

btw, accenture still offers 3L to freshers? :facepalm:

mehrotra.akash said:
Similar confusion here as well, but have the added choice of Schneider Electric @ 4.75CTC

BE CSE

Being in CSE, would it be better to go for Software dev in an Electrical company, or take the major hit in pay and go for Accenture/TCS?

What do you want to do in future? Stick in computers? Define your long term goal. The answer depends on that.

dragonball said:
What do you want to do in future? Stick in computers? Define your long term goal. The answer depends on that.

Yes.. I want to stay in the programming/development field

Will consider a MS if I hit or forsee hitting a glass ceiling in job growth after 2-3 years

@RVK2488 actually, Accenture has lowered the salaries last year it had offered 3.1 now 3.

How is the training offered by Accenture compared to Infy and CTS considering that Im from non CS/IT branch. (Im from Elec & TeleComm)

Accenture :hap2:

Great work culture

Infy will extract all the sweat out of you. Not Recommended if looking for higer studies/MBA

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

RVK2488 said:
Accenture has 3 locations in Pune. 2 in Magarpatta and 1 in Hinjewadi. And you might get training in Pune location @ Hinjewadi.

If you have any specific Qs about Accenture, Pune - let me know.

btw, accenture still offers 3L to freshers? :facepalm:

Accenture has low package for freshers ,but hike can be upto 40% on conformation(i.e after 1 year) .

I don't think any other company offers such percentage of hike :)

flash23 said:
@RVK2488 actually, Accenture has lowered the salaries last year it had offered 3.1 now 3.

How is the training offered by Accenture compared to Infy and CTS considering that Im from non CS/IT branch. (Im from Elec & TeleComm)

Don't worry about being non CS/IT. It's not that difficult. Training quality is as you would expect from any MNC. Don't worry about that.

ramanujpatro said:
Accenture :hap2:

Great work culture

Infy will extract all the sweat out of you. Not Recommended if looking for higer studies/MBA

Depends on the project you get into. When I joined, I was assigned to a project where my normal daily timetable was 10 to 11-12. Yeah, you read it right...MORE than 12hrs EVERYDAY + couple of Sat-Sun in a month. I remember couple of incidents when I came at ~10 and left at 3 or 4am and again came back at 11am. No complementary offs :(

So it all depends on your luck.

@OP this was an extreme example :p usual work routine is pretty normal for majority of people. My current project has a normal 9hr shift.

ramanujpatro said:
Accenture has low package for freshers ,but hike can be upto 40% on conformation(i.e after 1 year) .

I don't think any other company offers such percentage of hike :)

Again depends A LOT on your luck. I won't disappoint the OP by posting lame (but real) %'s ;)

RVK2488 said:
Don't worry about being non CS/IT. It's not that difficult. Training quality is as you would expect from any MNC. Don't worry about that.

Depends on the project you get into. When I joined, I was assigned to a project where my normal daily timetable was 10 to 11-12. Yeah, you read it right...MORE than 12hrs EVERYDAY + couple of Sat-Sun in a month. I remember couple of incidents when I came at ~10 and left at 3 or 4am and again came back at 11am. No complementary offs :(

So it all depends on your luck.

@OP this was an extreme example :p usual work routine is pretty normal for majority of people. My current project has a normal 9hr shift.

Again depends A LOT on your luck. I won't disappoint the OP by posting lame (but real) %'s ;)

CS or NCS hardly matters after one gets into the industry.

The thing that matters the most is what analytical skill one possess and how he applies that in the project.

Yes luck plays a big role in deciding which project one gets into and thereafter again luck plays in what role one fits in the project.

I am in the same dilemma. But decided to join infy just because of training. If my MBA or gate exam goes well I will surely failed the training and get out of it. Btw going to join on 12 sep.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

malefic said:
I am in the same dilemma. But decided to join infy just because of training. If my MBA or gate exam goes well I will surely failed the training and get out of it. Btw going to join on 12 sep.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

12th Sep..

Isnt your 7th semester still going on?

Schneider gave me a joining date of July 2012 -- after college gets over. How come yours is earlier?

Back