CPU/Mobo Compatible RAM for Ryzen

Have you gone through the "QVL" (qualified vendor list) of the board to see if you can find something available in it?

With the latest BIOS updates for the board, I guess pretty much any RAM at 2400 should be fine, get what you can locally or online, say, GSkill or Corsair.

I have the same board and my GSkill 2133 mhz RAM was unstable (random reboots) until recent BIOS updates.

Sorry, can't be of more help myself here.

With the latest BIOS updates for the board, I guess pretty much any RAM at 2400 should be fine, get what you can locally or online, say, GSkill or Corsair.

I have the same board and my GSkill 2133 mhz RAM was unstable (random reboots) until recent BIOS updates.

Sorry, can't be of more help myself here.

I know I can go for any RAM, but if I do run into some trouble, the service center people will be like, "Hey, you know what? The RAM is no on the QVL list of the motherboard. :p"

How is the motherboard, what Case are you suing? How easy is t update the BIOS? this is my very first build and I worrying a lot.

Yeah RAM was a bit of a lottery at the start but should be mostly OK now - unless you get really unlucky. In case you get 2400 RAM and it doesn't work or is unstable you can try setting it to slower 2133 speed in the BIOS.

Motherboard is OK for my use - absolutely no overclocking here with my base 1700 CPU. People online are pointing out some lesser number of "VRM" parts and them being uncooled which can reduce the board's life or just be unstable mainly if you are overclocking. Build quality and looks are decent - nothing top notch but good enough. Has some red LED lighting on it too which works with AMD stock cooler LED lighting which I've left unconnected so it stays red there too.

I got it mainly due to it having more USB ports and card slots and my m.2 SSD works fine with it.

It has the "basic" on-board sound chip and not the more advanced ones that some other boards in this range have (like Gigabyte) - but I had my old ASUS Xonar DX card which I'm using anyway.

Works well with Linux.

BIOS updates are very easy - you just download the BIOS zip from ASUS support/downloads website, unzip it on to a pen drive, reboot into the BIOS screen and from within BIOS itself you choose the "EZ Flash" option to browse the pen drive where you extracted the BIOS file and select it to update. Process takes around 5 minutes overall. DO NOT try to update from within the OS itself, lots of people are reporting bricked boards due to unreliable Windows-based BIOS update.

With the latest BIOS the "Startup Time" shown in Windows task manager went down from about 18-19 sec to around 11-12 sec, so bootup is faster now (around 5 sec for the OS) thanks to the reduced BIOS/POST time.

I'm using a cheap Antec VSK 4000 cabinet - again seems fine for me - compact(ish) and has a clean understated all-black look and USB 3.0 front ports. No fancy "gaming" flashiness.

Yeah RAM was a bit of a lottery at the start but should be mostly OK now - unless you get really unlucky. In case you get 2400 RAM and it doesn't work or is unstable you can try setting it to slower 2133 speed in the BIOS.

Motherboard is OK for my use - absolutely no overclocking here with my base 1700 CPU. People online are pointing out some lesser number of "VRM" parts and them being uncooled which can reduce the board's life or just be unstable mainly if you are overclocking. Build quality and looks are decent - nothing top notch but good enough. Has some red LED lighting on it too which works with AMD stock cooler LED lighting which I've left unconnected so it stays red there too.

I got it mainly due to it having more USB ports and card slots and my m.2 SSD works fine with it.

It has the "basic" on-board sound chip and not the more advanced ones that some other boards in this range have (like Gigabyte) - but I had my old ASUS Xonar DX card which I'm using anyway.

Works well with Linux.

BIOS updates are very easy - you just download the BIOS zip from ASUS support/downloads website, unzip it on to a pen drive, reboot into the BIOS screen and from within BIOS itself you choose the "EZ Flash" option to browse the pen drive where you extracted the BIOS file and select it to update. Process takes around 5 minutes overall. DO NOT try to update from within the OS itself, lots of people are reporting bricked boards due to unreliable Windows-based BIOS update.

With the latest BIOS the "Startup Time" shown in Windows task manager went down from about 18-19 sec to around 11-12 sec, so bootup is faster now (around 5 sec for the OS) thanks to the reduced BIOS/POST time.

I'm using a cheap Antec VSK 4000 cabinet - again seems fine for me - compact(ish) and has a clean understated all-black look and USB 3.0 front ports. No fancy "gaming" flashiness.

I got the Gigabyte AB 350 Gaming 3 motherboard because of the audio and more fan headers

I got the Gigabyte AB 350 Gaming 3 motherboard because of the audio and more fan headers
If you use AGESA 1.0.0.6 based bioses, even dual rank ram (16GBx2) is now hitting 3000'ish MHz. My Gskill trident z 3200 is now running at 3066CL16 at 1T. This is more than enough performance.

If you are planning to run lower RAM clocks, any ram will work and 8GBx2 will easily hit 3200.

Back