Monitors Computer Display under Rs. 25000

chromaniac

Recruit
Sep 21, 2015
I currently have a Dell U3011 and like all my previous Dell displays it has developed enough defects on the panel that I need to replace it. It is out of warranty so no more replacements from the company. My budget is not high enough to get a good quality 4K display. So looking to buy something that is under Rs. 25000 and gives me a high quality panel that has good viewing angles so that I am not much disappointed after the switch. 1080p would be enough. I can increase the budget if there is a good deal available slightly above this prince range.

Based on my experience with Dell displays, I would prefer to get a product with replacement warranty for at least 3 years. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

chromaniac

Recruit
Sep 21, 2015
Don't really have a suggestion off hand but can you live with lesser models after using the brilliant U3011?
Don't really have a choice. I actually got myself the U2711 around 4-5 years ago which went through a series of replacements. In the end, Dell India ended up sending me a refurbished U3011. It has served me well. I am not into designing or developing so I do not really need this much real estate. I am also kind of tired of watching excessive white space all around the web. I use a 1080p Chromebook as my second device and it seems to work well for my needs. Of course, 1080p is not much fun on a 13 inch shitty LCD panel. So hoping to get something around 24 inches. I do want something that has an edge to edge glass like the Dell S Series. Would check the models recommended above!

But yes... U3011 is pretty awesome for watching HD video content. I also use it as a replacement for TV as the size is good enough for my small room to watch from a distance.

I can extend the budget to 35K if there is a model worth the extra money available in the Indian market. I have been looking for replacement for a while now and the problem largely is that the market for good quality displays is very limited in India because most folks have moved on to laptops (or tablets) for their daily computing. None in my friend circle use a desktop these days! I am the last of a dying breed. So most companies end up launching budget models in India. Thanks all.