PC Peripherals Computer shutting down randomly. Please help.

nehaladsul said:
Then it has to be a mobo issue... Afterall, that is the only thing left that is yet to receive a clean chit!!
Most imp thing is, why this shit is not shutting down in front of me? This is what bothering me most.

asingh said:
Try a clean install. Overlay all chipset drivers.

But do verify the earthing issue like I suggested.
Clean installing is out of question IMO since some times it simply doesn't switches on, not even till bios screen. And yep, I'll check about the earthing issues as suggested by you.

It doesn't looks like a OS issue, but still, try re-installing it, or if you don't want to re-install try it with other HDD and see. (Surprisingly this worked in most cases of my friends)

E7200?? How much old it is?? I think it's because of overheating. BTW I'd suggest you to try applying a new thermal paste MX-2 is what I recommend, you may also try with different HSF too.

As you already tested PSU so forget it. Do test the RAM once with memtest86+ and try to test the motherboard as suggested by others.

See I had a similar issue before I got my PSU (Corsair VX450) replaced. And it hasn't created a issue since then (thanking God). Even my PC did not switch on after it randomly shut down, though after a period of time (say 1 hr) it started working fine. I got my PSU replaced and reassembled my PC bit by bit (all connectors even the MB - Case connections).

Later a fault was identified in my house power line which I suspect had done its job in creating an issue with my PSU. The proof was the huge repair bills for various electronic equipments (including AC's, refrigerators, adapters of laptops, mobiles, stabilizers, etc. going faulty from time to time) that we were paying quite regularly but just went unnoticed :ashamed:.

The power line issue got resolved and later the PSU replacement solved it for me.:D

I would highly suggest to get the PSU replaced since if it has developed a fault it would worsen in the future as it happened in my case. To test if it is a similar case you could take your friend's PC back to your place; change the PSU and test it for 24-48 continuous hrs. I think that would help you identify the problem.

Hope this helps.

mayanksahni

Hi.. Some Check u can do while system is working

i saw all post and u never mention about mobo condition? phycial checking of heating

when system shuts down it doenst come up its issue with either with psu or mobo

(no moment of fan moveing)

u need to check of heating on north bridge and south bridge by checking with ur hand

if they r heating means normal heat is ok bt if its high level temp u need to change ur

mobo and pus both.

mayanksahni said:
According to my friend's observations : It shuts down not restarts or get reseted.
What type of shutdown, normal or improper? Check PSU voltages in BIOS, at load in Windows, keep eye on +12V,+5V lines, use DMM if you have.

virus32win said:
What type of shutdown, normal or improper? Check PSU voltages in BIOS, at load in Windows, keep eye on +12V,+5V lines, use DMM if you have.
Its improper shutdown. And I've already replaced the psu with 80plus certified one still no luck. :(

hey read the whole thread and looks like most possible remedies have been tried.

but since i had encountered an exactly similar problem with my old p4.

i figured out that it was because the thermal paste had burnt out.

So i bought a new intel thermal paste from lamington for 50/- and cleaned the old burnt paste and re-applied with the new one.

and all was good.

i also consulted a hardware technician before that but he too couldn't find the real problem.

May be this can help ya>:)

Constantine said:
hey read the whole thread and looks like most possible remedies have been tried.

but since i had encountered an exactly similar problem with my old p4.

i figured out that it was because the thermal paste had burnt out.

So i bought a new intel thermal paste from lamington for 50/- and cleaned the old burnt paste and re-applied with the new one.

and all was good.

i also consulted a hardware technician before that but he too couldn't find the real problem.

May be this can help ya>:)
I tried that too mate, still no luck. :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

asingh said:
You gotta dying board....!
That's the last thing, I think, left to verify. :(

just out of curiosity have u checked if the power-on switch is jammed or if sumthin is touchin that button randomly, like the users leg or sumthin around it.

happens to me in ma office many times.

by the way this sounds too hilarious..hehe

Constantine said:
just out of curiosity have u checked if the power-on switch is jammed or if sumthin is touchin that button randomly, like the users leg or sumthin around it.

happens to me in ma office many times.

by the way this sounds too hilarious..hehe
Yup, verified that too. :( :(

mayanksahni said:
Its improper shutdown. And I've already replaced the psu with 80plus certified one still no luck. :(
Before motherboard replacement, try new set of HDD cables, remove addon PCI cards, USB devices and optical drives, check it at another power outlet/location, like at your home. This could also happen due to earthing issue, sparking due to loose/burnt power cords, faulty UPS, low/high AC voltage.

virus32win said:
Before motherboard replacement, try new set of HDD cables, remove addon PCI cards, USB devices and optical drives, check it at another power outlet/location, like at your home. This could also happen due to earthing issue, sparking due to loose/burnt power cords, faulty UPS, low/high AC voltage.
Will do this too tomorrow. :D

Back