computer store between madiwala and elec city ?

hey im looking for a comp shop to but a cmos battery(the small 1 rupee looking thing) . my comps just stopped booting . tried putting the ram back . monitor ok . hard disk ok ,booting on aonther comp . fans blowing. the processor seems ok since the ipod is able to charge through the usb . cleaned everything . so im guessing its the battery ( and hope the processor is ok )

anywhere i can get it , near madiwala / btm / koramangala /elec city (all BANGALORE) ?

You sure its the battery? A dead CMOS battery just results in the BIOS not being able to save any customized settings, most notably the time/date setting.

I've normally not seen it restricting boot-up - atleast most of the comps in my college have dead CMOS batteries (can make out from the Jan 1st date on each boot :p ), and yet still boot up and run fine.

Processor need not necessarily be ok if the iPod's charging. Once the system receives the Power-on signal, power is supplied to all devices including USB ports instantly even if it doesnt go through the BIOS POST process.

Yup a dead battery wouldn't stop a PC from booting... its guaranteed something else. I've run a pc without a battery for a while :p.

Chaos said:
Yup a dead battery wouldn't stop a PC from booting... its guaranteed something else. I've run a pc without a battery for a while :p.

Old MOBO requires support from Battery and it will not boot without battery. I have P3 with Tomato Board and face same problem 2 week back.

With New Generation MOBO no such problem arise (not with me in last 3 years:) )

You may be find same battery with Calculator shop too, as some Calcy requires same battries. Just keep the old battery with you, may need to match the Number.

bosky....im surprised u are actually hunting for a CMOS battery in bangalore..

go to any computer shop & ask for a CMOS battery..most the shops in BTM layout have it...& most in Jaynagar too...not sure of madivala tough..

well..yes its' a surprise to me too that he is in bangalore :p

:) hey ive still got my chennai jersey inside , but he he...moved to bangalore ! tada !!! 8 )

working at a company called tutorvista in elec city . and ill turn up at the next meet ,not to fear ( ...or do u have to ?! he he ...;) )

Back