Condemned - Criminal Origins - Discussion Thread

Got the DVD of the game today evening frm National Market,gotta reinstall my OS first...So will install & play late night....will post some 1st hand thoughts soon

The official Condemned thread!

Been playing it since evening and the game seems to be pretty decent going by the scare factor. You deal with loads of psychopaths with limited ammo reserve and melee weapons such as the crowbar, pipes, slab of wood and so forth. The game involves using lot of tools for forensic research to find out clues on the crime scenes.

Since this is a pretty old title, it may easily max out on most systems without taking a hit. The gfx is mediocre going by today's standards but nevertheless the physics is pretty good for a 5 year old title.

I'd still rate this several notches below Amnesia and the Penumbra titles though. Allwyn, you've got to play Amnesia to know what exactly is the survival horror genre. :)

re: Condemned - Criminal Origins & Bloodshot - Discussion Thread

play on, its not the horror part that makes you love the game, its the atmosphere and the overall progression that makes the gameshine.

Wait till you reach the store with mannequins in it, you'll find the biggest surprise hidden out there. Also the library level was dam spooky.

Alright I think I am nearing completion. Well, almost. Been through the store, library and the school.

For a moment when I saw Rosa's body on the other side of the door in the library reading room, I thought she was done for! And then when we set out to find the teacher Samuel Tibbits, we trace him to the locker. And the moment we click a snap, he pulls our hand towards him! Gawd, that was one scary moment. :ashamed:

I loved the forensic investigation part as well. Quite a complex story indeed. :D

Monolith used to make some fine games. But now the horror genre is almost dead, they have run out of all the scare tactics . I just might try amnesia once i get my hands on a 6870 soon. Heard some good things about it from friends.

^You should try Amnesia. All survivor-horror genre fans would love it.

Given a game with all the arsenal you will ever need, you do know you can beat the shit out of the AI. Now what would happen if they replace the arsenal with tinderboxes and a lantern! That's Amnesia for you! :p

This game seems more like a FPS with forensic investigation elements with a slight dose of classical horror added to it. Typical of Monolith to copy F.E.A.R.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Done with the title. Got to agree the last level was pretty scary. Esp. those hideous fat zombies. I had a tough time beating a pack of those with a piece of burning wood. :ashamed:

Anyways, I am eagerly looking forward for the sequel. :D

Back