Budget 10-15K Confused 520,525 or 720

shanx

Disciple
Hey fellow TE members!

I wanted to get a windows phone ( and hence you see me selling my Optimus L9 just 5 months after getting it). The confusion is which to get- the 520,525 or the 720.

Usage pattern is typically lots of Whatsapping throughout the day, an hour or so of calling and a little net browsing ( only if i don't have my tab with me but usually its always there). Also pics! Lots of them! The L9 has an okish camera so i wanted an upgrade!

I will be using the phone for a year or so ( next upgrade to an iPhone or a more premium WP8 device in a few months, will keep this phone as standby then).

Please suggest the best VFM phone. If i spend less on the phone i will probably get an 21.5" FHD monitor for my laptop! :)

I wanted to get a windows phone ( and hence you see me selling my Optimus L9 just 5 months after getting it). The confusion is which to get- the 520,525 or the 720.
And my confusion is what would cause such a radical decision ?

The L9 has an okish camera so i wanted an upgrade!
Is that the only reason ?

I will be using the phone for a year or so ( next upgrade to an iPhone or a more premium WP8 device in a few months, will keep this phone as standby then).
Huh! no more android ?

Pro camera has been merged with Nokia camera. So you have the best camera app.

But when i spoke to vyral a cpl of months earlier he could not find the pro camera part and had to download it via proxies.

Just walk-in to Nokia Service centre and ask for extending warranty. For Lumia 520/620/720 it is Rs.525 and for 820/920 it is Rs.1425. My brother & a friend owns Lumia 720 and one friend owns Lumia 920. We all have got its warranty extended except on friend's Lumia 720.
Extended by 1 year, do not know for how many times one can do so.
This makes me wonder about the resale value of windows phones. Some people say its worse than for android. When's the best time to get a 1020 ? wait 6 months or longer.

Lack of warranty has to be the biggest knock on resale value.

But if its this easy to get an extra year of warranty....

To clarify the pro camera issue - pro camera has been merged with nokia camera and it is available for all lumia devices with the excpetion of a few modes reserved for the pureview branded ones! Else its an awesome app and i find it really nice!

Also can someone tell me if an ultra sandisk microsd is wrth the investment for my 720 or not!

Back