Laptops Confused between Dell Xps 1530 and hp pavilion..Help me out..

bharathi_n_r

Disciple
Hey fellows,
I am planning to buy a laptop and browsed a lot...I found two laptops that is interesting(Dell Xps 1530 and hp pavilion).The problem is i am really confused in choosing the best among the two...My fisrt option is dell...What do u fellows think about it?

Secondly,i am buying the laptop specifically to learn visual studio 2005..I read some fourms from other sites that vista home premium does not support visual studio 2005 and sql 2005.Is it true?:huh:

Help me out in this fellows as i am planning to buy within two weeks...

dude go for the dell option.......u can customise it like anything....even the os that u wud it 2be shipped with...my friend recently got one and it has pawned all oder lappy`s wrt to price and features

thanks fellows,
but i still have this crazy thing about compatibility issue with visual studio 2005 and sql 2005...Clarify this myth dudes..Have any of u or ur friends have successfully installed and run vs2005 and sql2005 on vista premium.

Cheers
Bharathi..

First of all u haven't mentioned ur budget for the lappy...in either case Dell is laptop company to got for sure as it provides good customer service and customization options as well....:hap2:

bharathi_n_r said:
thanks fellows,

but i still have this crazy thing about compatibility issue with visual studio 2005 and sql 2005...Clarify this myth dudes..Have any of u or ur friends have successfully installed and run vs2005 and sql2005 on vista premium.

Cheers

Bharathi..

Regarding the issues of installing Visual studio 2005 in Vista may these links will guide u in some way....

ericappel.net - Using Visual Studio 2005 on Vista

Installing Visual Studio 2005 In Vista Home Premium - MSDN Forums

Stuart Preston's Blog : Installing Visual Studio 2005 on Windows Vista

Installing Visual Studio on Windows Vista

Visual Studio 2005 on Vista

My budget is under 50 and the lappy i am talking about is in that range too...No probs with the budget but my concern is all about the compatibilty of vs2005 and sql2005 dude..Will check the link u gave me...
Thanks

if u r confused abt the compatibility of VS2005 etc. then post it in a different thread.

Regarding ur lappy, go for Dell anyday bcoz HP doesn't have any customization options in india so Dell is ur best bet.

thank you kumar,
That was the same question i was about to ask....Will it need any special drivers and i also heard that web cam,remote,media center,etc... wont work if u downgrade it to xp pro...
any comments and suggestions....!

my friend bought dell 1520 and installed xp on it.

There's a thread on Notebook and Laptop Reviews about Dell XP drivers for Dell 1520 so he used the drivers and everything is working fine. no idea about Dell 1530.

Edit: i just checked Dell's driver page. They have XP drivers for Dell Inspiron 1520:

Drivers & Downloads

But Dell XPS 1530 has only Vista drivers for now.

if you are not carrying it around and if you are a student, buy desktop instead. if you need to carry it around most of the time then buy dell laptop.

brotha its now about 1.5 mnths i have been using XPS.. and trust me its exactly a synonym for performance. When it comes to gaming and hogh -end applications its simply IMBA. its truly Value for money. and yes dell is always just to aid cusstomer no matter what problem u face.. my previous lappy wz HP pavilion nly. it too is undoubtedly performs good but dell rules in its way.
I would suggest u go fr dell, rest depends on your usage and personal requirements.:)

super fellows,
Its getting delayed as they told me it will reach in 8 days but this is my nineth day and still not received it but the agent told me that u will surely get it on monday.....eagerly waiting dudes....The agent told me that the ram speed has been upgraded to 3gb(previously 2gb) and i also get a blutoothe wirelesss headset.....Any opinions on this.....they also charges me 3000 extra.is it resonalble.....

Back