Confused between lenses of Lenskart

For progressive lens, the frame height should be at least 37-38mm. Also PD measurement and lens centring as per frame shall be done properly else you'll always face problems.

Get you specs made from a good optician and opt for good quality branded lens.
Progressive lens are very expensive, any vfm good quality ones.

Progressive lens are very expensive, any vfm good quality ones.
don't go with branded and don't apply/ask for any fancy Coating etc. (like Blue Light Coating, Day/Night Coat, Scratch coat, Water/fog Coat etc. etc.)
ask Optician for simple progressive for basic upto -1.25 and +.50 it should cost max Rs.1000/- and trust me it works like branded only, just buy from Old or Experienced Person.

Below is my prescription and it cost Glasses only Rs.1000/-
Only 90 days difference between both, still there is notable difference in readings.

eye-no-1.jpg

DRJShah-prescription.jpg

NOTE: If looking Younger is second thing and ease of good sight is your priority than I will suggest Bi-Focal Glasses. Nothing can match Bi-Focal Glasses Experience (for Reading & Distance View) and it's cost (for both of above prescriptions glasses) ...
  1. Rs.350/- (fragile/heavy glass - glasses. No change in color of glass, no matter if you use it for 10 or more years) and
  2. Rs.500/- (plastic & light weight fiber Glasses, will slowly start turning yellowish if you used it more than 2-3 years).
  3. The prices here I mentioned is stable since 2019 with my optician (Mumbai City/Thane Limit).
  4. Don't get trapped in famous dialogue, Bhav Badh Gaya hai (price have increased now)

Last edited:
don't go with branded and don't apply/ask for any fancy Coating etc. (like Blue Light Coating, Day/Night Coat, Scratch coat, Water/fog Coat etc. etc.)
ask Optician for simple progressive for basic upto -1.25 and +.50 it should cost max Rs.1000/- and trust me it works like branded only, just buy from Old or Experienced Person.

Below is my prescription and it cost Glasses only Rs.1000/-
Only 90 days difference between both, still there is notable difference in readings.

View attachment 198620

View attachment 198621

NOTE: If looking Younger is second thing and ease of good sight is your priority than I will suggest Bi-Focal Glasses. Nothing can match Bi-Focal Glasses Experience (for Reading & Distance View) and it's cost (for both of above prescriptions glasses) ...
  1. Rs.350/- (fragile/heavy glass - glasses. No change in color of glass, no matter if you use it for 10 or more years) and
  2. Rs.500/- (plastic & light weight fiber Glasses, will slowly start turning yellowish if you used it more than 2-3 years).
  3. The prices here I mentioned is stable since 2019 with my optician (Mumbai City/Thane Limit).
  4. Don't get trapped in famous dialogue, Bhav Badh Gaya hai (price have increased now)
Will it be possible to share the location/name of your optician ?

Mumbai and ready to travel to Thane, if required (anything for eyes )
did it really very costly in your area. Better not to visit big showrooms but prefer old and small shops with single or max 2 owners, as I found such shops provide good suggestions & services to retain their customers.

What station in Mumbai are you from?

Every shop in MUmbai quote high rates even for the basic progressive lens. That's why i go for branded lens by paying little extra. At Least this is the case in my Area.
Also, I find Wide Corridor Lens by Lenskart good enough. The price quoted is Rs.5200/- but then there is always 1+1 or flat 60% offer going on.

A Decent frame with Blu Wide corridor Lens from Lenskart will cost you around 2500-3000. You can check at a Lenskart store near you and ask for the frames with 60% discount.

did it really very costly in your area. Better not to visit big showrooms but prefer old and small shops with single or max 2 owners, as I found such shops provide good suggestions & services to retain their customers.

What station in Mumbai are you from?
Thanks. Connected via DM.
Every shop in MUmbai quote high rates even for the basic progressive lens. That's why i go for branded lens by paying little extra. At Least this is the case in my Area.
Also, I find Wide Corridor Lens by Lenskart good enough. The price quoted is Rs.5200/- but then there is always 1+1 or flat 60% offer going on.

A Decent frame with Blu Wide corridor Lens from Lenskart will cost you around 2500-3000. You can check at a Lenskart store near you and ask for the frames with 60% discount.
Right. I had visit 2-3 small shops and they have quoted 4.5k for it and they were having some generic lens.
I had taken Lenskart normal lenses with their 1+1 offer and I am struggling to get adjusted to them only!

Back