confusion between hp dv6 7012tx and vaio cb45

shan.tilt

Disciple
friends i am badly confused about which 1 to choose among dv6 7012tx and vaio cb45. I really like the specs of dv6 and think that it will be future proof but the lack of a full hd screen is bothering me.
i watch a lot of hd movies, work extensilvely on photoshop, Indesign ,autocad and will start video editing after i buy the laptop. The problem with cb45 is that it has got just 1 gb of gpu and that too radeon. But otherwise I am crazy for it due to its excellent keyboard and full hd screen.

Now suppose if i buy dv6, then will I be able to get its screen upgarded to a full hd screen or otherwise if i get cb45, can i upgrade its gpu to 2 gb in future????
thanking in advance for your replies.

Upgrade options are close to none in the laptop departments you've mentioned, at least here in India. There are some options abroad but those are limited to a few countries and laptop models. Please keep these in mind before you choose.
The graphics solution in DV6 is better. However, you get Full HD in CB45 (for PS and HD movies).
Also, the amount of memory in the dGPU seldom matters. It's the capability to use that memory you need to be concerned about (no. of shaders, core clock speed, architecture and features). The GT630M in the HP will give you 10-15% increase in graphics capability over the HD6630M in the Sony. However, in the Sony, it always has to handle 1080p.

If you want to upgrade your laptop screen or GPU in future, Forget about it.

If your main concern is HD screen go for vaio. But if you are looking for decent graphics performance, I would suggest you dv6 6165tx instead.

but dv6 6165tx is not available in market. Can u tell me is the radeon 6630m in the vaio cb45 be sufficient for my work in the image and video editing for the next 5 years???

^Depends how hardcore you go. And do look at newly launched Inspiron 15r, they're at par with 6165tx or better.

but dv6 6165tx is not available in market. Can u tell me is the radeon 6630m in the vaio cb45 be sufficient for my work in the image and video editing for the next 5 years???
6165tx is still available at flipkart: www.flipkart.com/hp-notebook-dv6-61...audio/p/itmd2pvecubhfpqv?pid=COMD2PVDWZWH6UDS

Since your primary uses are very graphics intensive tasks and software developers are releasing more graphics demanding programs day by day, You should look for more powerful GPU options available in market for long run.

and according to JuGGa suggestion have a look at new dell 15r also. They also have launched some new models with pretty decent graphic cards. Their i5 models are cheaper then 6165tx.

even xps dont have a full hd screen. its only available in xps 15z and i cannot extend beyond 55k. frankly asking guys, should i give full hd that much importance?????
Should i sacrifice the full HD option??? Because i dont want to have laptop which becomes obsolete in 3 years time. I'll be using this laptop for atleast 5 years from nw.
wat say guys???

even xps dont have a full hd screen. its only available in xps 15z and i cannot extend beyond 55k. frankly asking guys, should i give full hd that much importance?????
Should i sacrifice the full HD option??? Because i dont want to have laptop which becomes obsolete in 3 years time. I'll be using this laptop for atleast 5 years from nw.
wat say guys???

First experience a 1080p laptop, then you will self know the difference. You just need to set your priorities correctly.

@shan.tilt Mate,
I will recommend you to go with HP Pavilion DV6-7012TX
In gadgetsguru site it come under 52K approx. So go for it.
This HP Pavilion DV6-7012TX is lauch in this year. Launch date:21/05/12

Do you realise that all the models discussed here are already better than dv6-7012tx ? At least go through thread before posting.

Guys Dell Singapore is giving Full HD options in Inspiron 15R.Chances are the upgrade may also be available here in india.
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Inspiron probably won't get 1080p option. I just had chat with Dell rep, and he told that we can expect XPS IB iteration with 1080p option by this month end.

Mate he didn't want a full hd. He want to compromise full HD for long life.

He never told he want to compromise a FHD option, he's just not able to decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
@JuGGa : sad if they dont offer Full HD upgrade on Inspiron 15R as the new XPS are going to be well above 55K I guess.
Anyway given the current senario any other vendors apart from Sony offering Full HD screen in sub 50K laptops ?

First experience a 1080p laptop, then you will self know the difference. You just need to set your priorities correctly.
@JuGGa- i have been using vaio cb15 full hd model for the past one year. The ausumn experience i had using it has caused this confusion in my mind.
As of now I'm lukin at the dell inspiron 15r special edition laptop. If dell offers full hd within reasonable price(<=55k) then i'll go for it else i'll settle down with the non full-hd model of the same.

Back