CPU/Mobo Confusion over AMD...

w1nD

Adept
So here it is yet another query...

Want to upgrade system to a quad core system...No intel coz of changing socket scenarios :no:

was planning to get phenom II x4 955 BE as primary...but then when i checked its review on overclockersclub found out that even x4 810 is very close so now i am confused about which proccy to get :ashamed:

So priority :

phenom II x4 955
x4 810
x4 945

Use :

3d work / rendering / compositing
Gaming
Encoding hd vids
Also please some good compatible motherboard with am3 socket with ATLEAST 6 SATA ports.
770 / 790 chipset will be fine...
max budget 10k

That brings to RAM...ddr3 /ddr2 ?? which would be better and future proof ?

All items will be bought locally...so plz dont suggest from KMD or others :)
THREAD HIJACKERS / THREAD CRAPPERS please keep away :|

hey get a phenom x2 550 be of a good batch,when unlocked to higher multipliers can get to a quad core with same performance at 955be..

get a biostar 785ge or a 780g...

u got a system rearing to go when overclocked.........

^^appreciate your reply

Sorry forgot to say...dont want to go hassles of unlocking cores so please dont suggest it :)

Kinda biased towards this as I'm getting this myself but I think Asus M4A78-E (DDR2) or M4A78T-E(DDR3) would be great for you.

Could also look into Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H.

Hi

Without unlocking Cores or overclocking i think the best VFM CPU is the Phenom 620

Rs 5.5K for The CPU & you can get a good Biostar Mobo to go with it for 4.5K

So within your budget.

Of course I am no expert but just putting together 2+2 from previous posts

The experts may like to validate my suggestion

Shravan

X4 955 BE: 12.5k or X4 810: 8.3k if you dun plan oc too much OC.

i wud go with X4 810 and a 2k cooler and get the max outaa it, and still save 2.5~3k.

gigabyte GA770T UD3P DDR3: 6.5k

it dun have an IGP so, get a low end card, if not planning on HD gaming.

HD 4670 for 4.4k will do just fine.

That is an excellent mobo, rock stable, gr8 OC potential, good cooling to PWM area, 6 sata ports etc.

Also DDR3 all the way. DDR2 prices are goin up and maybe the market ll be flooded by DDR3 very soon.

^^ hmm... i will be overclocking...check my siggy will be using 4870 temporarily..for cooler please check siggy already have SCCF will use that..

peeps come on need some more replies and definitive ones :(

I would suggest Core i5 + P55 if you have 20k buget for CPU+mobo. Do remember that Core i5 750 beats Phenom II X4 965 with ease and is highly recommended.

Add to that Turbo mode and support for both CF and SLI on P55 boards, Intel is the way to go.

and if you are going to do AV encoding and editing, Core i5 is definitely the way to go.

Corei5 is better for all purpose , If u r OCing then Phenom 2 955 + MSI GD70 is better combo

MSI GD70 is best mobo which even beats crosshair 3 in all the ways

hey speedyfreak thanks for suggesting MSI GD70...will get this one only :) was bit confused between the giabyte and this..but this givin some advance oc options and 4 xF will go with this :) thanks

X4 955 + GD70 is a great combo. Get the OCZ Platinum if available else XMS3 is available locally.

i5 will be a bit better but you will not find board like FX70 in 9.8k. Good boards are as costly as X58.

Dark Star said:
X4 955 + GD70 is a great combo. Get the OCZ Platinum if available else XMS3 is available locally.

i5 will be a bit better but you will not find board like FX70 in 9.8k. Good boards are as costly as X58.

i was gonna buy this kit..seems decent in latency and frequency :)
G Skill F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD DM

akshay7g said:
yup the 955+GD70 combo is good...As for the rams consider G Skill F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD DM

hehe u can read mind :) going to buy same kit

loved bling bling :)

just checked some reviews and comparisons...saw that i5 750 performs superbly in rendering and compositing work as compared to x4 955 :O the render times are way lower

AnandTech Bench (beta): Intel Core i5 750 vs AMD Phenom II X4 955

So now the question arises.... i5 750 or x4 955 ???

Also if i go for i5 which motherboard should i get ? is this Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R MB Intel P55 Chipset mobo good ?

and what is overclock quotient of i5s ?

and will SCCF fit on the i5 mobo ??

AMD Phenom II 955 B.E. @ 13.5k
ASUS 785G EVO(i think this is the one with 6 sata ports) @ 7k
4GB DDR3 GSkill RipJaw 1600MHz C9 @ 6.9k

Core i-5 all the way. If you are on a strict budget go for the intel board which costs only 6k in India else go for the Gigabyte board.
Core i-5 : 10.4k
Intel DP55WB : 6.2k
4GB DDR3 GSkill/Corsair @ 6-7k

Back