CPU/Mobo Confusion over Intel vs AMD

Which procy one will you suggest (given the rising ryzen issues around)

• Total voters
Not sure why the 3900x is being recommended when OP's use case is predominantly gaming. The 5600x is a much better value proposition here. The R5 3600 should be not be a consideration at this point because it's still going for 21-22k which is absurd. The Intel 11400 paired with a B560/H570 board or 11600K paired with a Z590 board (if OP plans to overclock) are also sound considerations. The 3900x at close to 40k is an absolutely absurd recommendation for a gaming-focused build. Just my two cents.

So lots of discussions went around, now suggest good Ryzen Proccy/Mobo deals in current amazon etc. sales if not then I might need to wait for anothr sale.

I'm strict on gong only for Asus mobos or second on Asrock even though haven't used any ever nor anyone in my vicinity but dont know why, going by the reviews etc. they offers tons of premium features at fraction of Asus/msi/gigabyte cost.
But again unsure about its A.S.S. and if any red flags I need to watch out for Asrock.

Once finalized, my next eye will be on Ram and Cabinet and my rig will be complete.

I agree, MSI's service is terrible!
Terrible is an understatement. Have a laptop lying with them for over a month and the only update they give is "We are trying to sort out the issue on top priority and will get back to you with an update". Have asked them for a standby laptop or replacement / refund which they have said is not possible.

Have had a pleasant experience with Gigabyte though. Had a 780G board that lasted me for a good 7-8 years. Another one that had issues with the USB 3 ports after a couple of years and the Gigabyte service center promptly replaced it within a week.

Last edited:
At
I might go with either Ryzen 9 3900x vs Ryzen 5 5600x.
Mobo Asus strix.

If anyone has a used one for sale lemme know!
Get a 5600x for the time being. Lots of people selling them for approx 20K.

Upgrade to zen 3 when the time comes tho. Thatll be the big boi upgrade. or if you can ask someone from the US to bring a 5800x for $300

That seems like a huge improvement but I'm a bit skeptical of such huge gains, will need to wait for further tests. At least Ryzen should get a price cut once Intel's 12th gen supply chain gets going
8 E-cores in 12900k is almost good as ryzen 7 1700 in multicore. So 4 E-cores in 12600k should be something like ryzen 5 1500x. P-Cores in 12600k has better IPC than 5600X. There is nothing surprising here a 10 core 12600k beating a 6 core 5600x by that margin. R7 5800x is the real competitor for 12600k in multicore performance. Price and availability is a different thing altogether.

And 80% geyser, heater and frying pan as well!
+ almost 10 costly
+ requires a great after market cooler
+ again a costly mobo
LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL, My sofa springs are squeaking...:p

Moreover, optimum PSU in the near future for Intel combo with gpus could be 1500W ;)
So people have to invest in PSU too... hmm,.... 20K-25K for the PSU itself....

Last edited:
Back