PC Peripherals Connecting CPU to TV

mohit1981

Disciple
Hi,

I have old P3 based CPU, which I would like to connect to TV for internet browsing.

I have Samsung 29" flatron TV, which has RCA cable connection option.

I need help in understanding that how can I connect CPU with TV using RCA cable (yellow, red and white) so that I can have both picture and sound.

Following is the back side of the CPU

[attachment=7352:13404.attach]

Please advise...

Attachments

• 25022011346.jpg
    25022011346.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 92
its description says that" this cable is not compatible with normal TV." I have normal (non-lcd) samsung tv :(

Other thing I would like to confirm is how can I tell if the CPU has S-video option apart from VGA?

There shouldn't be a problem with that cable if your TV has component input as opposed to composite input, even if it's a normal CRT TV. As to whether your motherboard [I believe you are referring to it when you say CPU] has an S-Video out, just check the link below & see if any port matches the given pic.

s-video vs. composite video vs. component video

To check if you have component input on the TV, see if the ports are labeled like Y, Pb, Pr on the TV. If you have composite then you are out of luck. There is some device [called a re-scan or something similar: i forget] to convert the signal, but I don't think it works too well & it is also very expensive.

If your TV doesn't have component input & your mobo doesn't have an s-video out then buying a 2nd hand graphics card with an s-video out & using a s-video to composite cable will probably be the next best cheapest option.

mohit1981 said:
its description says that" this cable is not compatible with normal TV." I have normal (non-lcd) samsung tv :(

Other thing I would like to confirm is how can I tell if the CPU has S-video option apart from VGA?
i believe that the cable should work.will edit the post when i find another solution.

this cable only works on lcd tv's not on crt as crt TV needs a PAL/NTSC signal which will require a converter and also a software to give TV-OUT signal

kidrow said:
There shouldn't be a problem with that cable if your TV has component input as opposed to composite input, even if it's a normal CRT TV. As to whether your motherboard [I believe you are referring to it when you say CPU] has an S-Video out, just check the link below & see if any port matches the given pic.

s-video vs. composite video vs. component video

To check if you have component input on the TV, see if the ports are labeled like Y, Pb, Pr on the TV. If you have composite then you are out of luck. There is some device [called a re-scan or something similar: i forget] to convert the signal, but I don't think it works too well & it is also very expensive.

If your TV doesn't have component input & your mobo doesn't have an s-video out then buying a 2nd hand graphics card with an s-video out & using a s-video to composite cable will probably be the next best cheapest option.

Yes, I was referring to motherboard. Thanks for correcting. My TV has Component input. ( its model number is Samsung CS29M16).

This motherboard ( whose picture I has added in my first post) does not have S-video output. :(

So, now what is my option?

mostly tv won't support component input... until it is there... no cable will work... proper way to go will be buy a vga to pal convertor and than have a separate audio output cable from pc,i.e., one stereo male to 2 rca cable...

Back