Considering a Leased Line

viratshah

BossMan
Disciple
Hello TechEnclave,
We have been using regular broadband for years at our office but looking at how the pricing of Internet has dropped so much recently, we are seriously considering getting a Leased Line or an alternative.

Our office is Located in Santacruz W, Mumbai. We have about 10-15 computers running at any time.
We are indeed heavy users though, since we're a web dev company, most of our work is done online.

We are using a FUP Youtelecom 10mbit package and a hathway 2mbit unmetered broadband package.

We really need an upgrade to some decent quality bandwidth. Ofcourse I understand the upgrade would come at a substantial price.
I was hoping to find some good quality connection at Rs.4k/mbit/month.
We'd be willing to prepay annually and are looking for a connection of 10mbit or so.

What do you recommend?
We are flexible on our budget but we'd like something that's bang for the buck.

I need to know how much should I be looking to spend and whether we have a better alternative.
It's not a call center so we don't really need extremely great quality bandwidth.

I don't Recommend Leased line. Instead you can Go For Business Plans with another ISP would be a good Option in order to sustain Downtime.

I doubt you can Get something like this in Santacruz. All Plans - Fiber to Business
If you still want to look in to Leased line Check this http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/leased-circuits/tariff-2mbps-and-above

Update: Most of the Companies offer Leased line with Same Rates(Vodafone is Reportedly Giving Discounts) and I Request you stay From Reliance Leased lines.

#Swatkats Beam doesn't provide its plans in Mumbai, so its worthless to look at their plans.

@OP try to find out if FiveNet is available in your area. also contact Hathway for higher plans. Most Local ISP's wont advertise high speed plans but they do provide them.

Another isp you can try is Syscon broadband, Syscon Infoway Pvt. Ltd. - Contact Us One of friend has a 16MBPS connection from them its only been 3 months but it has been rock stable on Fiber Optics. they don't provide direct connections only through local cable guys so make sure that your cable operator has good infrastructure & support.

I would also stay away from Leased Line, they are way costly than a regular consumer / business plan & initial investment is way to high.

Received prices from MTNL and a couple other providers. All prices seem to be quite similar:
2Mbit: 1.16L/annum
4Mbit: 2.36L/annum
10mbit: 5.8L/annum

I'm certainly not looking to spend 5.8L/annum since it seems like a total overkill.
I am trying to figure out if the 4mbps package is actually worth it or whether I could make a slight compromise in quality and get a lot more volume at a lower price with a different solution other than Leased Line.

What would you recommend is our best bet?
We do have the budget, but the cost doesn't seem justified in case of Leased Lines.

It seems that a 1mbit leased line and a 4mbit unlimited MTNL connection would be perfect for us right now.
THanks for all your help!

Back