Continuously rising medicines cost-- Why ?

I'm going to find the distributor for these and buy in bulk. Like 6 months supply.
It's not hard to find distributors/wholesalers. But you can't buy medication from distributor without licence number. I have tried.

You can befriend a drug store owner and ask him to provide you good discount. Never go to drug store which is the only store in its area. Go to the part of your city where there are like 10-20 medicals next to each other. You will get discount here only. 30%-40% discount is easily achievable. Go to Marwari drug store who doesn't use computers for billing.

Secondly, find alternatives to your 30/tablet. Go to > https://www.medplusmart.com/ and search for the main compound of your tablet (not the brand name). And there you'll see alternatives to your 30/tab starting even from 3/tab.

There are so many more things you can do. Let me know if you need any help.

It's not hard to find distributors/wholesalers. But you can't buy medication from distributor without licence number. I have tried.

You can befriend a drug store owner and ask him to provide you good discount. Never go to drug store which is the only store in its area. Go to the part of your city where there are like 10-20 medicals next to each other. You will get discount here only. 30%-40% discount is easily achievable. Go to Marwari drug store who doesn't use computers for billing.

Secondly, find alternatives to your 30/tablet. Go to > https://www.medplusmart.com/ and search for the main compound of your tablet (not the brand name). And there you'll see alternatives to your 30/tab starting even from 3/tab.

Im sure there's many publicly available license numbers? Is there anyone checking?

usually outside hospitals or dense areas. Other option is there are wholesalers who sell directly without issues. I guess most cities have known ones.
Like in Delhi, its Chandni Chowk area.

A question for people with understanding of pharma industry: why do some pharma companies manufacturer same medicine with multiple names and price points?

example: Atenolol (50mg) is manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals under two names

Betacard - ₹27.85
Atmost - ₹33.65

seems to create unnecessary confusion!

A, New set of chemist shops have come up all over delhi, may be India, I dunno
The pradhan mantri jan aushadhi shops.
Get all the usual meds at cheapest prices and the general view is they are equally effective.
For example a 10 tab strip of 25mg metoprolol costs 6 rs only and an insulin cartridge 310 rs,
Just try and buy the meds with jan aushadhi branding as they are under govt control..

Try

Get all the usual meds at cheapest prices and the general view is they are equally effective.
I believe they are the generic equivalent of the branded medicines you get from your regular counter, hence the sharp difference in prices.
Do you also get the non-generic ones from Jan Aushadhi kendras?

I believe they are the generic equivalent of the branded medicines you get from your regular counter, hence the sharp difference in prices.
Do you also get the non-generic ones from Jan Aushadhi kendras?
Yes correct, but the branding is from govt of India.
No they don't keep the non generic ones generally.
But i can say the jan aushadhi brand has been pretty solid according to the users.. Tried a few myself and didn't find any difference tbh.

It would also be more beneficial if the CGHS docs prescribe generic equivalent of a medicine if available. Would help them in saving revenue rather than filling those pharma's pockets.

There is one more such chain opened in Pune I guess by the name Zeno. They keep both generic as well branded. There is huge cost difference. For eg. Sompraz-L costs something around Rs.254 whereas the generic costed only Rs. 74 per strip with all the packaging and branding. It also has an MRP of Rs. 242 but there is huge discount.

Attachments

• 16525854760016213628301356274641.jpg
    16525854760016213628301356274641.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 108
A, New set of chemist shops have come up all over delhi, may be India, I dunno
The pradhan mantri jan aushadhi shops.
For example a 10 tab strip of 25mg metoprolol costs 6 rs only and an insulin cartridge 310 rs,
Just try and buy the meds with jan aushadhi branding as they are under govt control..

Try
Did try BP medicine from Jan aushadi, my bp went haywire after taking those meds.
Jan aushadi tabs are not stable, the formula is also not consistent. No quality checks, nothing.

Did try BP medicine from Jan aushadi, my bp went haywire after taking those meds.
Jan aushadi tabs are not stable, the formula is also not consistent. No quality checks, nothing.
Well considering the vast network, I believe there would be hundreds of vendors from whom the govt must be getting the meds made, the metoprolol i purchased from another location a while back was pathetic, but the neighborhood guy told me that he purchases stuff of a specified vendor and those are top quality.

This is a great initiative and can only happen in India, it's just that more oversight is needed. I believe it will get fine tuned with publics input.
We all should support and should complain at pgportal so that this can be streamlined from manufacturing to supply and retailing.

The biggest culprit this time is the increase in the profit margin.
Exactly bro!!

I have bought an anti bacterial/ anti fungal cream and a cough syrup from a whole seller at 85% MRP.
Recently my brother came to know a guy who works in a medical shop, he asked him to get those two.
That guy got the cream and syrup from a supplier who only sells to medical shops.

I was jaw dropped by the prices
Syrup MRP is Rs110
Cream MRP is Rs 60

The guy got it for just
Syrup Rs15
and cream for Rs20

The margins are ridiculously insane

Exactly bro!!

I have bought an anti bacterial/ anti fungal cream and a cough syrup from a whole seller at 85% MRP.
Recently my brother came to know a guy who works in a medical shop, he asked him to get those two.
That guy got the cream and syrup from a supplier who only sells to medical shops.

I was jaw dropped by the prices
Syrup MRP is Rs110
Cream MRP is Rs 60

The guy got it for just
Syrup Rs15
and cream for Rs20

The margins are ridiculously insane
Why would the margins be ridiculously insane because I for 1 instance don't believe in Generic medicines at all because we either need to opt for popular companies or go with Ayurvedic or Allopathic medicines.

It's like Organic farming became more costly than normal pesticides & insecticides as it was the norm in olden days to use Organic products only. This is just the result of our craze for foreign maal. That's all.

Now the Generic medicines seems to be knock offs of the originals. That's all.

Why would the margins be ridiculously insane because I for 1 instance don't believe in Generic medicines at all because we either need to opt for popular companies or go with Ayurvedic or Allopathic medicines.

It's like Organic farming became more costly than normal pesticides & insecticides as it was the norm in olden days to use Organic products only. This is just the result of our craze for foreign maal. That's all.

Now the Generic medicines seems to be knock offs of the originals. That's all.
You have made a wrong assumption that second time I got those meds were Generic.
Both the times they were from same brand as prescribed.

You have made a wrong assumption that second time I got those meds were Generic.
Both the times they were from same brand as prescribed.
Means from major companies right then they should be fakes because prices have increased after Covid not decreased or the retailer might have hoarded them and selling them.

Even in this scenario they can't be selling in this manner. Just once before you use them.

There are a lot of Chinese fakes everywhere in electronics.

Back