Convert wmv to avi (simplest way) ??

raksrules

Elite
I am not in video conversion and don't have much information about it. But i have few videos in wmv format and my media player refuses to play this format, so i need to convert them to avi.
What is the simplest, no fuss, no setting way to achieve this ?? Any software, preferably (not necessarily) lightweight ??

ZC media converter FTW. It can convert from/to any type and with the BEST quality. This has been by far the best video converter among hundreds in my life. :)

If you are ready to tinker around then Mediacoder does the best job.

Else Super Video Converter is also good and simple to use.

Both of them are free.

If you want a simple paid software then use WinAvi Conerter conversion is very easy with this.

edge111hussain said:
just download the vlc or better the KMP player and ur sorted...

shailesh1986 said:
download klite codec pack and install u will be able to play all video format.Download K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 5.44 - FileHippo.com

No problem with computer. But with my Eaget M880

madnav said:

prabs said:
If you are ready to tinker around then Mediacoder does the best job.

Else Super Video Converter is also good and simple to use.

Both of them are free.

If you want a simple paid software then use WinAvi Conerter conversion is very easy with this.

will try mediacoder. Super is there but it has so man settings of frame rate and all.

thexfactor said:
^ he's not talking about the software media player but the Eaget M880 media player that he's got recently :p

Yup :p

10chars

If the SUPER settings intimidate you, then you might not fare any better with MediaCoder - IMO it's a bit more powerful than SUPER, so has more settings and options in a more cluttered interface. (I use MediaCoder for all my encoding/transcoding/clipping requirements, so I'm cool with it..)

Otherwise like 6pack said, easiest way is import in Windows Movie Maker and save as/export to AVI (assuming you have the codecs in your system, which shouldn't be an issue if you have K-lite etc installed..)

You just need KL codec pack or VLC to view videos man.

Anyway if you do want to convert videos. Use Pazera Video Conversion Suite, an awesome freeware app that converts several formats into whatever you want.

"Pazera Video Converters Suite is a collection of portable video converters which helps you to convert between almost all video formats like AVI, MPEG, MP4, MOV, WMV, FLV, M4V, 3GP. The collection also includes audio extractor & converter, which allows you to extract audio tracks from video files and convert audio files between the most important audio formats (MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, AAC, AC3, FLAC)."

Back