Converting FC4 CD ISOs into a DVD ISO

Ein

Adept
i have the fedora core 4 iso's as given in the Digit DVD; wanna kno if there is any way i can make a bootable DVD (iso) from these...
i heard tat simply copying all da files onto a DVD won't work - not sure if this is correct r not.

btw EIN .. did you burn the iso's onto cd's.. cause i did and the cds turn out to be corrupt ...you know the test you have to run to chk the media when oyu first insert the cd ...
all of them fail the test at 58%? whats wrong? the writing part? or the media? or the iso?

@chic_magnet:

no, i havn't burned them as i hav no cd-r s (one of da reasons i want to burn it as a DVD - bought a 50 DVD-R pack a while ago :) )

Here's an interesting read on failed media check.
The mediacheck function is highly sensitive, and may report some usable discs as faulty. This result is often caused by disc writing software that does not include padding when creating discs from ISO files. For best results with the mediacheck, boot with the option:
linux ide=nodma
U can verify the ISOs first using their SHA1 checksums, as suggested in da article.

@bottle - Thanx fr da link!! Hope this works fr FC4 as well... ill try it out n post back. :)
a bit OT - Would it be possible to burn the 4 CD ISOs on 4 DVDs, and use them instead? :eek:hyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back