PC Peripherals Cooler Master GX 450W

DarkAngel

Skilled
Conclusions

The Cooler Master GX 450W is a good mainstream power supply, with high efficiency (between 81.3% and 86.4%), very good voltage regulation, and low noise and ripple levels.

It is very important to understand that the 450 W model uses a completely different internal design compared to the more powerful models from the GX series.

The fact that the over temperature protection kicked in during our full load test can be seen as a good thing or as a bad thing. On the good side, we know the unit has this protection and it is working. On the bad side, this probably means that the secondary heatsink is under-dimensioned and/or the over temperature protection is set to trigger at a value that is too low.

The fact that we couldn’t pull more than 450 W from is also a double-edged sword. Some users will like that the unit has its protections working at a tight configuration, while others would prefer that the unit had some margin for overloading.

At a suggested price of only USD 50 – with stores probably offering less than that – the Cooler Master GX 450 W comes with an excellent cost/benefit ratio for users that want an inexpensive yet safe power supply with high efficiency.
Cooler Master GX 450W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets
Cooler Master GX 450W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

CoolerMaster GX450 | CLUBOC

• CM has a real good budget PSU in the form of CM GX450 :)
  • If priced sensibly in Indian Market (3k or so) then it should make a good buy considering it has high efficiency and carry a five years warranty. It might rule the roost if Corsair decides to EOL VX450 in Indian market (already i cant find it in newegg)
  • Finally a decent PSU in the GX series from CM :hap5:

rite said:
I guess it should be priced sub 2500 bucks in India if that is really the case!
Why so? It seems to have great efficiency and backed by 5 years warranty. Its much better than the other GX series PSU and has very good voltage regulation, and low noise and ripple levels.

Only -ve is you cant pull more than 450w from it. But hey you pay only for a 450w PSU right ;) Upto 3k should be fine IMO. But $50 makes me think ~2.8k might be launch price in India. Hope it turns out even cheaper :)

rite said:
A PSU from CM which costs around $50 MSRP will probably be priced around 2200-2700 at launch in NP!
would be ideal price tag i must say if...

it looks like a competitor for vx 450 but it will fill gap between cx400 and vx 450

^ Can handle it. But the S12II is better at the same price. There's a new GX2 out, no reviews, so not sure if they fixed the shortcomings of the previous model (cheapo secondary capacitors) with this.

I asked because of my friend bought all things except psu. majority of keralites includes me(till joined TE) are not much aware about PSU. sometimes they bought good mobo, cpu, ram etc. and put it in a zebby or frontech cabin with PSU.

Back