Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Over the last decade or so (and its a sort of work in progress, so please be kind and feel free to propose alternatives), I've started to form a view that that all hierarchical institutions tend to start making key decisions, driven largely by their leaders. And leaders even at scientific institutions tend to get picked based on their closeness to power over time. This is because politicians ultimately get to decide who to pick to head CDC/FDA etc. Further, Industry has figured out ways to set up revolving doors at decision making bodies of regulatory institutions and there are entrenched conflicts of interests. This results in amoral individuals being in these bodies. These people are also often focused on short term decision making at the top of most institutions.

These institutions get tested only during times of crisis such as COVID, which allows them to look good for decades at times. And the testing times, like the COVID mess, to my thinking, are better explained by influence of political and economic powers , and conflicts of interest than assuming that these scientists had to make tough decisions and there was no other way except compromising on transparency / quality of data / using shady assumptions and in some cases , half truths - and still effectively mandating these shots. I find it difficult to reasonably support the hypothesis that these elite scientists suddenly forgot basics of ensuring high quality data, study design requirement to include long term effects, use of high quality statistics instead of marketing through relative risk reduction, and transparency in general.
Peter McCullough can help you here.

He speaks about the American experience which I agree with.

Doctors got on the bandwagon because govt and agencies like WHO weren't honest and instead of getting out of the way interfered with process of treatment
That should explain the bolded part

This is not the case in India though. The doctors here were more independent minded and didn't treat the WHO with the same reverence. This is what I mean by GOI getting out of the way and letting the pros get on with it.

Cannot generalise the American experience to India.

How do I know?one of the characters here who got banned subsequently complained he was wasn't being given the respect he thought he deserved as a WHO employee by Indian doctors :D

Peter says WHO will not have dominion over his decisions which has been the default case in India from the start.

He concludes with saying no boosters should be taken and the vaccines need to be pulled. Specifically, he is referring to mRNA Vaccines. He does not say anything about the kind we get here.

Last edited:
Leaving space for nuanced statements is usually helpful and such knee jerk use of expletives does not help. I get it that is easy to do, yet seems a bit over the top.

It should be easy for you to think and understand the context and what I meant to say before concluding.

1. Your dangerously misinformed opinions do not constitute nuanced statements.
2. I f***ing love expletives

It should be easy for you to think and understand the context and what I meant to say before concluding.
No. It is not easy for me to just forget what I've understood over the past 4 years and agree with your posts just because they're lengthy

My point is that looking at an absolute deaths number is hardly rational. If you reflect and think, the overall mortality and long term disability is not as bad as was feared at the beginning of the pandemic.
This is such a dumb statement that I'm not going to respond to this, other than to call it dumb.

And the mortality at this point is not anything close to that level.
See point 4.

More than 7 million (ie 70 lakh) recorded deaths, plus who knows how many people with lifelong disabilities, and this guy is saying risks turned out to be low.
For India? Where did you get this figure from
1. Your dangerously misinformed opinions do not constitute nuanced statements.
They're not misinformed if referring to mRNA. The question and important distinction which you missed is to what extent it applies to the delayed vector kind we get here
2. I f***ing love expletives
So do I and I'm a lot better at it then you are. Thing is they don't make for an argument and a sure sign you're out of ammo.

This is such a dumb statement that I'm not going to respond to this, other than to call it dumb.
Do respond. Show why it is dumb.

See point 4.
Ditto

Last edited:
Someone tag WHO, they might be missing our experts advice :tearsofjoy:

1709050117024.png

Last edited:

Health officials racing to identify cause of rise in streptococcal toxic shock syndrome, which has a 30% fatality rate
“People’s immunological status after recovering from Covid-19 might alter their susceptibility to some microorganisms. We need to clarify the infection cycle of severe invasive streptococcal pyogenes diseases and get them under control immediately.”

Back