Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Zincovit is a multivitamin which also has grape seed extract, this extract can lower blood sugar and it also thins the blood, many covid patients are already on blood thinners so grape seed extract "maybe" harmful. Should ask your doctor if you are taking it.
Indeed. Zincovit also have 5x the RDA of Zinc. Should not be taken daily unless you are extremely deficient in Zinc and have to be stopped at a certain point. I prefer Becadexamin to get the daily zinc rda and it does not contain grape seed extract.

Zincovit is a multivitamin which also has grape seed extract, this extract can lower blood sugar and it also thins the blood, many covid patients are already on blood thinners so grape seed extract "maybe" harmful. Should ask your doctor if you are taking it.
Zincovit, along with Ivermed and Doxy (maybe Azithro too), seems to be part of a 'standard' set of meds that docs are giving Covid +
All of my friends who are + and under meds say it's the 'standard' meds that they are taking

Last edited:
I have no background in nutrition. I like to read about it though. I find it's difficult to get all the required RDA values set by NIHS/NHS (based on studies) from a normal diet of veggies and fruits. Indians are deficient in Vitamin D, B12 and Zinc. I have also noted the quality of soil have deteriorated over the years leading to fruits and veggies with low mineral and vitamins in them. There is also concern about the absorption rates.

I am taking Supradyn on Day 1 and Becadexamin on the next day. Keep doing like this. Be concerned about the intake of Fat Soluble Vitamins & Minerals as you do not want to overdose. I find this combination to be decent as it covers Vitamin A, B Complex, C, D, Iron, Zinc and trace elements of some other minerals.
Neither do I. But I've background in medicine and common medicine. And I don't believe in any Indian studies with vit D, B12 ( specially in non vegetarian population)
I may be wrong here, but would never believed in studies involving tests costing in range of 3k-5k INR ...that's how much it cost for 25( OH) D3 and B12 levels.

This multivitamins craze has come to India decades after US/ EU.
People there will ridicule a doctor for prescribing multi vitamins.
Learnt it from personal experience. Forget covid, my wife has become pregnant very recently and I was feeling guilty for not being with her.
My limited experience of gynae and obs in India taught me to give folic acid in early pregnancy to everyone ( to prevent neural tube defect)
To hide my guilt and show some extra care, I wrote her at 2am ( her time) to take folate everyday. You know what I got back? An animated middle finger gif immediately for waking up her up and providing with a Soviet era information!!

Neither do I. But I've background in medicine and common medicine. And I don't believe in any Indian studies with vit D, B12 ( specially in non vegetarian population)
I may be wrong here, but would never believed in studies involving tests costing in range of 3k-5k INR ...that's how much it cost for 25( OH) D3 and B12 levels.
I tested for b12 last year and I was barely in the lower end of the normal value and was given high dose supplement for many months. I was confused about the report as I eat non veg at least 3 times a week and take eggs everyday. There was also a study for vitamin D in India which stated as much as 70% Indians are deficient in vitamin D and I'm probably deficient too considering I hardly go out in the sun and when I do out I go only in the evening when it's useless.

I tested for b12 last year and I was barely in the lower end of the normal value and was given high dose supplement for many months. I was confused about the report as I eat non veg at least 3 times a week and take eggs everyday. There was also a study for vitamin D in India which stated as much as 70% Indians are deficient in vitamin D and I'm probably deficient too considering I hardly go out in the sun and when I do out I go only in the evening when it's useless.
Lower range of B12 and D are actually ok. Unless the B12 goes below 200 (240 being normal) and D below 10 ( according to many even lower), you should be fine ( except people with chronic renal disease, malignancy etc.)
She being a Dr., may have read:

I know buddy...it was my Indian mind at work..and you know how b**chy women can get in first trimester....and she being a doctor herself never really helps.
Never marry a woman in same profession..none of your lies will work...when it's time to use your professional knowledge for situations at home...you are always the only professional...she's only a mother when the kid is sick...always!!

Lower range of B12 and D are actually ok. Unless the B12 goes below 200 (240 being normal) and D below 10 ( according to many even lower), you should be fine ( except people with chronic renal disease, malignancy etc.)
Guess the values vary here, because I remember seeing lower normal value as 180 and mine was 183. Also it's better to get tested for deficiency and only treat for the ones which are deficient instead of taking multi vitamins right? I read that low dose multi vitamins don't help when we are deficient in vitamin b12 and D

I have received the v4400 masks. They are 'extremely authentic'. Didn't even bother with the extremely authentic red Venus packet even. Lmfao.

Where can I complaint against the seller through a govt. provided ombudsman again? I keep forgetting.

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_165551609_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210519_165551609_HDR.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 94
So it's official now.
I have received the v4400 masks. They are 'extremely authentic'. Didn't even bother with the extremely authentic red Venus packet even. Lmfao.

Where can I complaint against the seller through a govt. provided ombudsman again? I keep forgetting.
Pgportal.

Is it possible that this yellow one without lot number is authentic too? Because I got the same one from a hospital and I find it hard to believe that hospitals are getting fake ones!

It is the common misconception here. Many stay indoors, don't stay in sun for a long time and they cover themselves when going out.
Buildings are also too crowded and you can't even see the daylight from your room in some locations.
Yes, they are...almost all hospitals at least in Kolkata have fake N95 masks.
I don't know about bigger cities though.
Same here also. But people don't care as they wear masks only to escape govt fines and penalties. Cloth mask are also still trending... God help us.

Even I thought so...but apparently they don't give it anymore. Don't remember what happened with our son, he doesn't have any neural tube defects..that much I know!!

Everyone does. It's clearly mentioned on CDC/NHS/WHO pages even now. 400mcg of folic acid.
I had to check because I was like WTF ! :p
Obviously it doesn't mean that if one doesn't take, the child will definitely have NTDs. I forgot the incidence rate, but FA is such a cheap medicine that it's better to take than not.

Wow!! We all have been marked as Trinamool Congress supporters already ( my friends can't even pronounce it properly...it's TRI-MUL congress for them...yet they are official supporters)
There's a party office just in front of the alleyway in which our guesthouse ( I don't know what it is/ who owns this property, a small 2 storied house) is located. We were returning from hospital and 2-3 people (noticed their saffron bandana) started following us, they were shouting Jai Shree Ram and one of us also raised his voice and said the same.
That somehow triggered them and they ran past us and kind of blocked our way in full confrontation mode!!
We were initially kind of shocked ( as people have been very friendly in this neighborhood) but now assessing their physical appearance it became obvious any one of us can knock 3 of them out easily. And we were 4. They also quickly realised that, and stepped aside. But for no reason whatsoever started abusing us in Bengali.
I almost lost it... thankfully an uncle saw everything from his balcony, he started shouting and couple of local people appeared in their balconies and the 3 saffron bandanas disappeared.
The uncle is very scared, he is living here for 30 years and never seen those guys. He told us to call the police up, we didn't yet.
In fact personally I don't mind a little bit of action in our boring lives. It will be fun. Hope they bring some bigger men next time. We all are really too big for them.
Everyone does. It's clearly mentioned on CDC/NHS/WHO pages even now. 400mcg of folic acid.
I had to check because I was like WTF ! :p
Obviously it doesn't mean that if one doesn't take, the child will definitely have NTDs. I forgot the incidence rate, but FA is such a cheap medicine that it's better to take than not.
Nah... apparently Slavik women are too strong to take even iron tablets in pregnancy. Len almost dislocated my shoulder while in labour...she even refused epidural. Life is tough man for unfortunate people like us ( when wife is almost as tall as husband and think they are physically as strong as their husbands...and they are...won't go into details..)

Last edited:
Back