Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Yea because people have a life offline instead of arguing on the internet..
Ironic isn't it?

Maybe take your 'corona isn't that serious' internet arguments off this forum and to say, one of the many overflowing crematoriums and see what the people there have to say about your 'science'.
Nothing, that guy just randomly even brought up positivity insinuating I'm a bhakt just because I posted a link to an article when in fact I'm one of the biggest bhakt bashers on here lol.
Your single link is just the latest in a long line of the aforementioned trend. And i'm not going to listen to this nonsense any more.

Oh, and i didn't call you a bhakt. I said even the bhakts are better than you because even though they deny the mishandling of this epidemic, they don't deny the devastation caused by it and the extreme danger posed by not mitigating it properly. Which of course anyone with open eyes can see.

Oh!! He's one of those "positivity" guy?? Nah, won't share my subscriptions of Lancet and other journals with him.
Thought he's a doctor or medical student and offered it as he has strong doubts about my qualifications.
He's not really only about positivity. Just about being cool and elite by regurgitating conspiracy theories that the govt is exaggerating covid figures and it's not that serious.

I myself am a semi-believer in conspiracy theories because snowden/assange have proved many to be true, but this guy is just harping nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironic isn't it?

Maybe take your 'corona isn't that serious' internet arguments off this forum and to say, one of the many overflowing crematoriums and see what the people there have to say about your 'science'.

Buddy I had 2 relatives who were in the ICU, I had to run around looking for beds, meds, O2, etc and spent most of my time in the hospital in April.
Don't assume blindly that one is ignorant or hasn't faced problems, you just got triggered by one link I posted and brought up "positivity" because it diverts ppl from the govt. bashing activities.

Nothing, that guy just randomly even brought up positivity insinuating I'm a bhakt just because I posted a link to an article when in fact I'm one of the biggest bhakt bashers on here lol.
Are you a doctor or medical student? If yes, I will give you my subscriptions of 8-9 journals. If not..sorry, it's non ethical ( sharing personal subscription amongst peers is a grey area, but with non medical persons... illegal...I'm not a person who sells Up-to-date cracks)

> 1. Once you analyse the herbs for chemical composition, most of the time it will show some existing pharmacological compound.

Irony that it is showing some existing pharma compound which turns out helpful, isn't it ?

> 2. No!! Not many MNCs are studying herbs. It's another hogwash from Modi and sidekicks.

As much as I have disdain towards current political loons exploiting traditional medicine for their feel good propaganda, I will distance from such statements, when:

https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/databases/manufacturers.aspx
https://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/86/8/07-042820/en/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3619623/
https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna31188920

There are tons of them and I know some people who supply herbs to EU's one of the most famous pharma MNC from South India.
The kinds once they get formula of compound isolated from the herb and patented the same, will file a court case or suite against traditional medicine providers who provided it for nominal cost to common man for centuries.

> It take decades to introduce a new pharmacological element.
> Remember Thalidomide or even heroin ( it was available as cough syrup from Beyer)

Seems you are oversimplifying research on herbal medicines and hyper-conscious about negatives. And wonder who were the proponents for Thalidomide, which pharma company were behind that episode - yeah, Bayer itself ? Was even given as suppliment to help pregnant women which resulted in serious birth defects, other problems etc. en masse. Was that Ayurvedic / Indian medicine, btw ? lol. Seems contradictory, isn't it ?

Regarding 2DG, only wanted to see real world results, thought why there are no stats or detailed study on the same. That is a problem, whether the results are good or bad, everyone should know the outcome. Only wondered about available statistics, not interested in politics, Indian politics is forever is like this, believe will continue like this, discussing about that is waste of time.

Last edited:
Buddy I had 2 relatives who were in the ICU, I had to run around looking for beds, meds, O2, etc and spent most of my time in the hospital in April.
Don't assume blindly that one is ignorant or hasn't faced problems, you just got triggered by one link I posted and brought up "positivity" because it diverts ppl from the govt. bashing activities.
I'm not assuming anything. I know very well what you used to post till this latest spike happened. And then quiet as a mouse. Now, you started on the trend again, and yes, i got triggered. WTF wouldn't?
So even nature.com, lancet etc have been bought out by BJP ? lmao
Don't turn this into political shit. I never mentioned anything political just that you are talking nonsense.

I'm not assuming anything. I know very well what you used to post till this latest spike happened. And then quiet as a mouse. You started on the trend again, and yes, i got triggered. WTF wouldn't?

So you keep a tab on people's activities on online forums for months ? you should make more productive use of your time.
When family members are hospitalized you expect people to show up for bashing activities on a tech forum ? cool

@sauravghosh

Don't know is why there in new found fear about virus spreading over air ~10meters. In the initials days itself when then pandemic happened, there was information that virus can spread in air for several feet, remember reading that in news. Remember how they mention if a person sneeze in lower floor, wind can take it to first floor of building, spreading through exhaust fans of flats, etc.

Was more concerned about news on how virus was found on cold storage packed materials in New Zealand, China, etc.

So you keep a tab on people's activities on online forums for months ? you should make more productive use of your time.
I don't have time to waste on fools such as yourself. I do have a good memory of your nonsense posts though. Forgive me for remembering that you are a nonsense poster.

If i really had the time i would go back a couple months and quote all your nonsense for everyone to see once again.

Yet here you are busy wasting more time here trigglypuff, enjoy your Sunday.
Have a like, you really need it...

@sauravghosh

Don't know is there there in newly introduced fear about virus spreading over air ~10meters. In the initials days itself when then pandemic happened, there was information that virus can spread in air for several feet, remember reading that in news. Remember how they mention if a person sneeze in lower floor, wind can take it to first floor of building, spreading through exhaust fans of flats, etc.

Was more concerned about news on how virus was found on cold storage packed materials in New Zealand, China, etc.
That's because people just read the headline without understanding the issue completely. And even the media is to blame, when they print things like "coronavirus is now AIRBORNE" without any relevant details.

I don't know everything there is to know about the virus and even if i did couldn't possibly list out on a forum, but when one says airborne, there's a few things to consider. What's the source (i.e. is it exhaled by a person or coolly, freely flying around like a housefly), how far does it spread from that source, and how long is the viral particle viable. As a doctor on the other popular indian forum said, every respiratory virus is airborne isn't it? Only that the new data is showing that instead of earlier, with the droplet-only theory, it had a very rapid path from nasal orifice to a lower surface by gravity, to a distance of about 6 feet, but now they think it could be suspended in the air itself for a longer time and a little longer distance. So airborne doesn't mean you will catch it if you go stand on your balcony alone breathing in the fresh air. Well, maybe if someone in the flat right about you sneezed a huge load!

The new data is also showing that it's very unlikely to catch from surfaces, so there's really no need for excessive sanitizer use, Of course if you handle a surface that's at a high risk of contamination, you should definitely sanitize. Like the other day i was at a pharmacy and used my debit card. NFC wasn't working so i sanitized my hands before leaving because i handed the card to the cashier who wanted to check and again punched in a pin on the PoS. and sanitized again outside the store because i touched the door handle since it was opening inwards. Else i would have used my elbow to push it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean you guys are goind hard on psyph3r here. He's not a bhakt per se. More of a hardcore Illuminati/Bilderberg meeting kinda guy. He sees conspiracies on all sides.

Did you even bother to check the links?
The first one is asking for subscription to know the chemical compound!!
The second one is from 2008 from our website!! And I know both Jon and Ted (Jon left, Ted is probably in New Zealand) and they basically wrote about keeping an open mind!!
The third one is about "how to approach herb analysis for dummies"
Gave up and didn't read the fourth one.
The Thalidomide reference was for a gentle reminder of what can happen even after stage 3 and post marketing trial of any chemical compound. If phacomelia was missed after so many studies, imagine what else can pass through ( I'm not taking sides for modern medicine, neither oversimplifying...read about the Beyer Heroin scandal...nothing to do with Ayurveda but how many ways things can go wrong with new compounds even after testing/ trials...BTW opium is widely prescribed for diarrhoea in Ayurveda without any atropine like substance to prevent abuse.
Do you know a post graduate student of Ayurveda can perform surgeries in India?
I have a video of some professor doing an appendectomy in a medical college of Ayurveda. They used ether to knock the patient out. There's no concept of clamping/ cautery of beeding vessels...he operated for more than an hour, the patient lost more than 1 litre of blood ( minimum)..and the students clapped after the surgery...the skin was closed like he was suturing a piece of clothing...Don't know what happened to the patient though.

I mean you guys are goind hard on psyph3r here. He's not a bhakt per se. More of a hardcore Illuminati/Bilderberg meeting kinda guy. He sees conspiracies on all sides.
I know man, but i didn't call him a bhakt, i said he's worse than the bhakts! I just can't take the covid trivialising any more.

All the state and central govts. are surely benefiting greatly by locking down under pretext of covid cases and losing all that revenue...

Lately too many nonsense going on which is not even related to Corona. Anyway, regarding surface contamination, it's said that don't excessively use santiser on surfaces as chances of infection are less likely, alongside it's said that you should sanitise if in a highly contaminated area. So I'm under a normal, non high contaminated area and by that logic I shouldn't sanitise anything right? Well what if the guy who is selling the stationary items has Corona and handing over the items to me, won't the surface of those products be contaminated?

These equivocal govt. released statements are only to confuse people.

regarding surface contamination,
I would also like to understand this.
Google search turned up this CDC link as the first entry and they are saying its low but not 0. I sanitize all surfaces after someone visits our flat. I do sanitize all stuff coming from outside if possible. Better safe than sorry.
I will defer to others on what they would suggest.

Lately too many nonsense going on which is not even related to Corona. Anyway, regarding surface contamination, it's said that don't excessively use santiser on surfaces as chances of infection are less likely, alongside it's said that you should sanitise if in a highly contaminated area. So I'm under a normal, non high contaminated area and by that logic I shouldn't sanitise anything right? Well what if the guy who is selling the stationary items has Corona and handing over the items to me, won't the surface of those products be contaminated?

These equivocal govt. released statements are only to confuse people.
Well, it's like this.

You can theoretically get covid from an infected surface.

First remember, the virus can't walk, fly or even swim like say sperm. And they are unable to survive very long outside of a host cell if the lipid coat dries up.

So if you touch an infected surface, some of the viral particles WILL transfer to your hand. Then say if you touch your nose, a percentage of the particles on your hand will transfer to your skin. Now how does it get inside? When you breathe in, the air may carry a percentage of the particles from the nose skin inside. Finally. by the time the particles reach the naso-pharynx where they love to chat with others and have chai biskoot, the ones that are still alive (short lifespan remember), now have to fight against the body's immune response. It's only when the initial viral load is high enought to be able to overcome the immune system that it actually manifests into an active infection. Viable viral particle load is key here. Apply it to other scenarios, like an infected (maybe asymptomatic) person chatting with you without a mask on for 10 minutes in a place without much air recirculation.

So theoretical yes, practically? Highly unlikely.

@sauravghosh

Sometimes a bit of common sense triump against these kind of news and researchers. i.e., it is better safe than being sorry:
Now, they will also come with terms and conditions like wind speed, time, distance, etc. As if it is ground checking for cricket match.
See the information and dates, that included WHO:

28-May-21 WHO Was Wrong About Coronavirus Being Airborne, But Why ?

30-April-2020 Covid-19: Virus airborne up to 4 metres, health staff at high risk

10 April 2020 Coronavirus lingers in air longer than previously thought, scientists warn

30-March-2020 WHO Official Defends Guidance: 'We're Not Seeing' Airborne Transmission

@quaratineinthesejeans

> The first one is asking for subscription to know the chemical compound!!

For me it is a huge list of manufacturers assoicated with herbal medicines. That was what I was only mentioning. Not original reserach articles and databases to such studies.

> The second one is from 2008 from our website!! And I know both Jon and Ted (Jon left, Ted is probably in New Zealand) and they basically wrote about keeping an open mind!!

LOL :)
Isn't that great thing to hear :) Yeah, I liked it when I saw that link :) They mentioned an example too !
So, how about all of us having an open mind now !

> The third one is about "how to approach herb analysis for dummies"

By some researchers. And Chinese are big in to herbal medicines. So, of course there will be articles and researches.

> Gave up and didn't read the fourth one.

Many herbal products made by Big Pharma
Some people who buy supplements to avoid Big Pharma drug companies may find themselves doing business with Big Herba, instead.

Should have read it :)

About that professor who did appendectomy in such and awfulway, am seriously against such ideas. Already mentioned am against such moronity and politics.

> opium is widely prescribed for diarrhoea in Ayurveda without any atropine like substance to prevent abuse.

Diarrhoea generally get cured within few days at the max.
Whatever the scientific reasons are, Opium addition have not reached serious level issue pan India till date.

A basic internet search will list many modern medicinal compounds which were isolated from herbs.

Current drug discovery from plants mainly relied on bioactivity-guided fractionation and led to isolation of many important anticancer drugs such as paclitaxel, camptothecin etc.
The first commercial pure natural product introduced for therapeutic use is morphine marketed by Merck in 1826, and the first semi-synthetic pure drug aspirin, based on a natural product salicin isolated from Salix alba, was introduced by Bayer in 1899. This led to the isolation of early drugs such as cocaine, codeine, digitoxin, quinine and pilocarpine, of which some are still in use and several other recent plant derived compounds, which have undergone development and have been marketed as drugs which include Paclitaxel from Taxus brevifolia for lung, ovarian and breast cancer, Artemisinin from traditional Chinese plant Artemisia annua to combat multidrug resistant malaria, Silymarin extracted from the seeds of Silybum marianum for the treatment of liver diseases.
The alkaloid, forskolin from Coleus forskohlii and phytochemicals from Stephania glabra, are now being rediscovered as adenylate cyclase and nitric oxide activators, which may help in preventing conditions including obesity and atherosclerosis.
Last decade few plant derived drugs have been launched include Arteether, endoperoxide sesquiterpene lactone and semisynthetic natural product derived from Artemisinin used in malarial treatment, Nitisinone derived from natural product Leptospermone (Callistemon citrinus) is used in treatment of antityrosinaemia, galantamine is a natural alkaloid (obtained from Galanthus nivalis) for Alzhemer's, apomorphine is a semisynthetic compound derived from morphine (Papaver somniferum) used in Parkinson's disease, Tiotropium a derivative of atropine from Atropa belladonna in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Dronabinol and Cannabidiol obtained from cannabis plant (Cannabis sativa) and Capsaicin active compound from Capsicum annuum are used as pain relievers.

As mentioned earlier, I will prefer to keep mind open than talking blind. All we need is thorough scientific research, that is all I want to say.

I would also like to understand this.
Google search turned up this CDC link as the first entry and they are saying its low but not 0. I sanitize all surfaces after someone visits our flat. I do sanitize all stuff coming from outside if possible. Better safe than sorry.
I will defer to others on what they would suggest.
I agree. Better safe than sorry is a good stand to take. As long as it doesn't cost you too much, in terms of money or sanity etc.

Sometimes a bit of common sense triump against these kind of news and researchers. i.e., it is better safe than being sorry:
Now, they will also come with terms and conditions like wind speed, time, distance, etc. As if it is ground checking for cricket match.

28-May-21 WHO Was Wrong About Coronavirus Being Airborne, But Why ?

30-April-2020 Covid-19: Virus airborne up to 4 metres, health staff at high risk

10 April 2020 Coronavirus lingers in air longer than previously thought, scientists warn

30-March-2020 WHO Official Defends Guidance: 'We're Not Seeing' Airborne Transmission
Again mate, what doctors and scientists mean by 'airborne' is far different from what the media or common man imagines it means. And parameters like wind speed, time and distance do matter a lot. You did mention science right? But whether a common man needs to calculate all those scientific parameters or just stay safe by masking, sanitizing and maintaining distancing, it's pretty obvious though right?

Back