Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

@red dragon : Hello mate, I just wanted to run something by you and get your opinion on something:

For the record I had COVID back in late October.
About 3 weeks ago, I suddenly had a throat issue and noticed redness in the back of my throat (checked with a flashlight at home). I started gargling with warm water and salt and also Betadin Gargle (twice a day). For the first few days there was a strange warmth in my body and a sense of malaise. I kept checking my body temperature and it showed 98.4-98.6. I isolated myself at home nevertheless, didn't go out at all.

After a few days I registered low grade temperature at 99.5-100.4 and a bitter taste in my mouth and that's when I started to take these medicines:

Azithral 500 (Azithromycin, 500mg - Once a day for 5 days, 30 minutes before meal at night) - Full course completed.
A-Z Multivitamins (Once a day) - Course Continuing
Limcee 500mg (Vitamin C, Once a day) - Course Continuing
Uprise D3 - 60k (Once a week) - Course Continuing

On Day 3 of taking Azithromycin my smell almost all but died. I had mentioned this in a post before, you will recall. I could only smell Coffee and Nail Polish but that too very mildly. A bar of soap even when I took it right next to my nose had no odor. This could have been caused by Azithromycin or COVID, I'm not sure but I read and then was confirmed by you in that earlier post that Macrolides have to ability to do this. My Saturation for a day was 94-99 and then after that 98-99. I also had a very mild cough.

A couple of days ago my 15 day Quarantine ended and I feel fine now. A little weak but no fever or that strange warmth in the body.

Do you think it could have been COVID?

@red dragon I have similar symptoms, first day fever was 102+, it dropped close to normal now after 4 days. Taste and smell gone today. Only taking dolo 650, is it true you don't need special meds unless your spo2 drops? That's what the doctors say here.

Very true. You got a good doctor who prescribed only acetaminophen. Be careful till day 10 after onset of symptoms. You will be just fine with a robust natural immunity.

just a thought , when we know that we are swamped with covid ,cant we have a an approach of giving away or make the known medicines readily available to common public which work in initial stages of covid infections rather than having the cycle of going to doctors hospitals etc , one thing that India has strong pharma production and pharmacy/chemist reach accessibility. I understand the co morbidities angle but than we could engage most of the well known pharma and restrain the virus in the very initial stage.

just a thought , when we know that we are swamped with covid ,cant we have a an approach of giving away or make the known medicines readily available to common public which work in initial stages of covid infections rather than having the cycle of going to doctors hospitals etc , one thing that India has strong pharma production and pharmacy/chemist reach accessibility. I understand the co morbidities angle but than we could engage most of the well known pharma and restrain the virus in the very initial stage.

Most of the most commonly prescribed drugs are simply placebos.

Multiple trials have shown that Favipiravir, Azithro, Doxy, Ivermectin DONT WORK. There's no change in morbidity or mortality.
That leaves us with steroids and supplemental oxygen. Steroid do have a very useful role in controlling the cytokine storm, but one should start them only after analysis of biomarkers, SPO2 and if possible, HRCT. Comorbidities play a huge role here as steroids will raise your blood sugar like there's no tomorrow.
Supplemental oxygen can be started at home if SPO2 falls below a certain range (but isn't too low like 60 or 50).
So the actual drugs which can be useful is quite limited, and should not be started without a consult.
Multivitamins and other stuff is just junk science. Immunity is not built in a day.

Could have been. But you're good now, that's what matter. Your chance of getting infected again is negligible now.

My Pulse Rate was very fast for the first 4-5 days, 110-120 even when I was sitting down. Felt my chest thumping.

My taste has also been affected to a degree. Everything tastes a little bland and also I'm still not getting the taste of salt very well. I had two painful canker sores at the back of my tongue at the time of my fever but those has thankfully healed now.

Man, waking up on Day 3 to find my smell completely gone was such a shock! I'm slowly getting my normal strength back. First few days even small tasks made me want to lie down or sit and rest.

Last edited:
Most of the most commonly prescribed drugs are simply placebos.

Multiple trials have shown that Favipiravir, Azithro, Doxy, Ivermectin DONT WORK. There's no change in morbidity or mortality.
That leaves us with steroids and supplemental oxygen. Steroid do have a very useful role in controlling the cytokine storm, but one should start them only after analysis of biomarkers, SPO2 and if possible, HRCT. Comorbidities play a huge role here as steroids will raise your blood sugar like there's no tomorrow.
Supplemental oxygen can be started at home if SPO2 falls below a certain range (but isn't too low like 60 or 50).
So the actual drugs which can be useful is quite limited, and should not be started without a consult.
Multivitamins and other stuff is just junk science. Immunity is not built in a day.

My dad is 71 and did have Fabi flu (favipiravir) course but then also had steroids and as you said, doctor told to keep measuring blood sugar and he took initiatal FBS and PPBS and then told him to start on steroids after his HRCT came in.

My dad is 71 and did have Fabi flu (favipiravir) course but then also had steroids and as you said, doctor told to keep measuring blood sugar and he took initiatal FBS and PPBS and then told him to start on steroids after his HRCT came in.

A doctor's general psyche is to give/do something. That's why we have a huge black market for Remdesivir even when we know it doesn't decrease mortality. Heck, the side effects in a comorbid patient can be pretty bad.
Fabiflu's main trial by Glenmark cherry picked data from the trial, and reported a 28% reduction in hospital stay. No difference in mortality at all.
But it sells like hot cake since again, doctors feel the need to do something. We don't like it if our hands are tied.
The primary therapy for COVID is steroids and oxygen (home/high flow/BIPAP/Ventilator). Plasma works to an extent. Tocilizumab trial is also a bit dicey, but can be given to patients with high IL6 (won't have any effect on patients with normal IL6).
Rest everything is up in the air.
Zydus had a new approval just a couple of days back. Have to read on it.
-----------------

Wear masks even at home - Health Ministry/Niti Ayog

Last edited:
Can anyone link to a good amazon.in listing of N95 masks? I may want to order a 10 pack or so.

Please search for 3M 8210. The real ones have a big warning disclaimer bang in front of the masks.

I'll be a bit different here. The 3M ones are perfect for doctors, but not for general use as the nose pliability isn't the best, and you need good fit.
The Venus V4400 are quite good. Have been using them for the last year, and I buy them locally now via a friend's shop (he gets them through an official distributor).
Most Amazon links to fake ones unfortunately.

Very true, still have a smar scars above nasal bridge and behind both ears from 3M masks.
Is venus mask available in Europe?

@Black_Hawk that thing about lose of smell is indeed very wierd.
Tried smelling few fruits, soap, etc. - no smell.

On day 4 morning, I could accurately identify every ingredient from customized ayurvedic concoction my room mate was preparing.
I peacefully sat with a kind of satisfaction for 30mins or so, but like some switch turned off, I lost the sense again !
Sense of smell is slowly recovering now.

I'll be a bit different here. The 3M ones are perfect for doctors, but not for general use as the nose pliability isn't the best, and you need good fit.
The Venus V4400 are quite good. Have been using them for the last year, and I buy them locally now via a friend's shop (he gets them through an official distributor).
Most Amazon links to fake ones unfortunately.

You have link of the same on amazon? And are you in Mumbai? What price per mask you get?

Very true, still have a smar scars above nasal bridge and behind both ears from 3M masks.
Is venus mask available in Europe?

They are NIOSH certified, and Venus exported quite a big number to Europe last year. Should be available.

You have link of the same on amazon? And are you in Mumbai? What price per mask you get?

Check ABCSales on Amazon. Guy used to deliver legit V4400, priced higher than market though.
I'm in Noida. MRP is 95, but bought 50 pieces 10 days back and it was gouged by distributor to 110 a mask.

Back