Corona Kavach - Covid insurance plans

How is Star health insurance claim settlement? My friend was admitted in hospital with Covid for more than a week and his claim was rejected even after his CT scan showed his lung is infected but as per Star Health insurance they have have a AIIMS protocol which they follow and said that this can be treated in house as the infection is mild only. He had to shout and fight with the agent to get the claim settled and that too only 60% of the claim was settled and rest was denied. I am not sure if this is one off case but as the Covid is spreading like anything now, not sure how they will settle the claim moving forward. Not only Star health but also other insurance companies.

How is Star health insurance claim settlement? My friend was admitted in hospital with Covid for more than a week and his claim was rejected even after his CT scan showed his lung is infected but as per Star Health insurance they have have a AIIMS protocol which they follow and said that this can be treated in house as the infection is mild only. He had to shout and fight with the agent to get the claim settled and that too only 60% of the claim was settled and rest was denied. I am not sure if this is one off case but as the Covid is spreading like anything now, not sure how they will settle the claim moving forward. Not only Star health but also other insurance companies.
yes strees will be on all insurance companies..

am thinking of icicilombard.. but dont know about their settlement too..

Back