Corona virus

Techno

Disciple
I went to the hospital today for some work, they where doing Corona virus testing at the entrance.

Did you guys get tested?

Haven't yet visited any hospital....But why just hospitals? They are even screening at it hubs or other cos. Gates/premises as well.

Body temperature.
I had runny nose ,sore throat,cough, fever (coronavirus symptoms) last week. If i went last week they would have put me in quarantine lol.
I remember the first ever patient in india saying how she got to eat whatever she wanted :p (biryani, loads of it). I wouldn't expect the same treatment now however lol

Real testing or just body temperature?
Unless he went to govt approved testing centre it will only be thermal. They won't test unless he has symptoms.

They are not expanding testing to private hospitals because it will create a panic.

Already govt is being charged with just that according to these clowns !!

Govt is creating a scare in the country to promote foreign medicines

Govt's agenda is to create fear

This may not be totally wrong. This is more than a medical crisis. There is politics involved and what people think about the virus will determine the course of future events:

1. US/Right - they can use this scare to declare China a rogue country and renegotiate trade deals. Right now, most of the generic medicines that US consumes are produced in china. This gives Trump/Nationalists a reason to bring the production back.

2. US/Left - If they can scare the public enough, they can make Trump look incompetent. They are trying hard but not succeeding.

3. China - They are already trying to Change the narrative. One senior military official went on record saying that the virus originated in the US. Today they have offered a billion masks and test kits to Africa. The longer the west is locked down, the more time China has to consolidate its position in the world.

4. pharmaceutical companies - The more scared you are, the more profits they make when the vaccine/cure comes out.

5. Media - They love a crisis. They more scared you are, the more Media stands to gain.

6. They super rich - With people scared, it is easier to offer 'solutions' (which almost always involve structural changes that take power and choice away from common people). They do not need most of us anyway. With automation taking over low end jobs, the global machine needs fewer cogs. Another round of depopulation wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Does measuring body temp even help? I'm seeing reports in news that carriers don't show any symptoms for weeks before falling ill. A person could be a carrier and not have high body temps. Restricting tests to government hospitals/ labs is not helping anymore.

They should manufacture some test that can be taken at home. Like a litmus test paper. Spit on it and after an hour or so if it changes color a person is positive. Mass manufacturer something like this so that people can buy the kit and do the tests themselves.

Please don't panic my friends. I will add my 2 cents regarding the Corona situation.
Cause of death
1. Cytokine storm- basically autoimmune damage to lung etc. We have used Tocilizumab ( interleukin antagonist) successfully in few patients with early cytokine storm-.
2. Viral myocarditis ( this is really bad and nothing much is working and it's possibly not autoimmune)
3. Serum ferritin level is the only feasible diagnostic marker we have at present to detect early cytokine induced damages.
4.There is NO HOPE of a vaccine at least in next 24 months. There are loads of lies in the internet about vaccine.
5. Production of vaccine from resistant individuals' serum is not feasible ATM.
6. These are European guidelines, I'm not sure of what is happening in India beside piss drinking.
Post automatically merged:

Does measuring body temp even help? I'm seeing reports in news that carriers don't show any symptoms for weeks before falling ill.

They should manufacture some test that can be taken at home. Like a litmus test paper. Spit on it and after an hour or so if it changes color a person is positive. Mass manufacturer something like this so that people can buy the kit and do the tests themselves.
Most people will have minor symptoms or remain asymptomatic.
The test is basically real time reverse transcriptase PCR. Yes, a screening test would be fantastic, but WILL NOT happen in next 6-8 months. NAATs are difficult tests technically. We have to accept it buddy.

Unless he went to govt approved testing centre it will only be thermal. They won't test unless he has symptoms.

They are not expanding testing to private hospitals because it will create a panic.

Already govt is being charged with just that according to these clowns !!

Govt is creating a scare in the country to promote foreign medicines

Nope buddy. Though I'm not fully aware of Indian situation, in Europe, we are having a very bad public health crisis.
Our leaves have been cancelled, pretty much everything is closed @ city centre, Prague. My friends at Geneva HQ are stuck there since Friday. Some people are working really really hard ( but it's not like movies. Unlike movies, people actually want to go home)

Last edited:
This may not be totally wrong. This is more than a medical crisis. There is politics involved and what people think about the virus will determine the course of future events:
Its wrong and laughably so because the last thing the govt needs is panic.

What the govt should be doing is co-opting religious leaders to spread its message in these times. As authority figures they will get the message out better.

But that does not seem to be the policy

1. US/Right - they can use this scare to declare China a rogue country and renegotiate trade deals. Right now, most of the generic medicines that US consumes are produced in china. This gives Trump/Nationalists a reason to bring the production back.

2. US/Left - If they can scare the public enough, they can make Trump look incompetent. They are trying hard but not succeeding.
I've been following this and whatever the right said about China was used by the Left against Trump. Word for word.

What goes around comes around

The right was wrong about China and so is the left on Trump.

3. China - They are already trying to Change the narrative. One senior military official went on record saying that the virus originated in the US. Today they have offered a billion masks and test kits to Africa. The longer the west is locked down, the more time China has to consolidate its position in the world.
Going by the statements of their FO spokesperson there is an attempt to shift the blame. Because if people blame China then they expect China to PAY!

This has been a massive PR disaster for China. Anything from China or looking Chinese is shunned. It's going to take some work and gifts to assuage this from the CCP.

China has managed to turn a corner because of their system. Western countries are going to have a harder time. Europe is complete mess. We should look at entire Europe like China.

4. pharmaceutical companies - The more scared you are, the more profits they make when the vaccine/cure comes out.
By the time they come out with something the virus will have run its course. Any viable vaccine is a year to two away. The reason is the acceptance testing. Making the drug is one thing, making it so it does not cause more problems than its trying to solve is the hard part. There is a dengue vaccine out but the side effects are so severe they had to withdraw it.

Does not mean they should not try. We're yet to find out if there will be a second wave and it could be worse than the first.

India is already in the race having become the 5th country to sequence the genome.

5. Media - They love a crisis. They more scared you are, the more Media stands to gain.
Been following those that track this crisis and people living through it. Not so much the media.

More facts. Scary facts. Campbells channel is pretty good.

The other one i've been listening to Bannon's War room.

6. They super rich - With people scared, it is easier to offer 'solutions' (which almost always involve structural changes that take power and choice away from common people). They do not need most of us anyway. With automation taking over low end jobs, the global machine needs fewer cogs. Another round of depopulation wouldn't hurt.
American wingnut territory. The comments section for some of these videos are 95% trolls, quacks & idiots. Why would they want depopulation. More supply in the workforce means cheaper rates. Automation has taken over lower end jobs for a while now. The fear is it can do higher end. This is i do not think will be so easy and is hyped.

Why i see people advocating for a population control bill in this country is a mystery. The more young the longer this country can grow. It seems like a throwback to the 70s with all these born again Malthusians

Last edited:
By the time they come out with something the virus will have run its course. Any viable vaccine is a year to two away.

India is already in the race having become the 5th country to sequence the genome.

Been following those that track this crisis and people living through it. Not so much the media.
Sequencing the genome and the so called race is media created. China sequenced theirs long back and handed over.
Sequencing is a very very minor part of development of vaccine. I wouldn't go into details but we are years away from a suitable vaccine and it may never come or not fully effective.
Vaccine is not the primary concern at this point.
This cytokine storms needs to be treated more efficiently and US is close.
Monoclonal antibodies may save us.

Sequencing the genome and the so called race is media created. China sequenced theirs long back and handed over.
Sequencing is a very very minor part of development of vaccine. I wouldn't go into details but we are years away from a suitable vaccine and it may never come or not fully effective.
Vaccine is not the primary concern at this point.
This cytokine storms needs to be treated more efficiently and US is close.
Monoclonal antibodies may save us.
Agreed on the vaccine.

i've heard the Chinese used retrovirals that are used for HIV treatment to reduce the coronovirus in the body. India is solely responsible for bringing down the cost of HIV treatment worldwide from thousands of dollars to around $50. We have retrovirals. They've even been tried in India so far.

Cytokine storms is new to me.

These are therapeutic forms of treatment. No cure but if you can reduce the symptoms to negligible then its a win of sorts.

6. These are European guidelines, I'm not sure of what is happening in India beside piss drinking.

The surveillance program was set up in 2000 to track over 32 types of outbreak in the country

Last edited:
^^ Very true. Not a single European country is helping Italy. If it was Sweden, things would have been different.
Northern Italy ( the more affluent part) is in complete lockdown.

If you can not find N95/99/ usual disposable masks, PLEASE DO NOT USE WOOLLEN OR SIMILAR masks (used during winters). A home made paper mask is far more effective. In fact woollen mask can actually expose you to higher risk.

Lopinavir, Ritonavir ( anti retrovirals) has been used in Japan and possibly Thailand. However there is no conclusive evidence of their effectiveness.

Last edited:
If you can not find N95/99/ usual disposable masks, PLEASE DO NOT USE WOOLLEN OR SIMILAR masks (used during winters). A home made paper mask is far more effective. In fact woollen mask can actually expose you to higher risk.
What about dust masks ? those are N90 as in blocks 90% of particulates

What i wonder is whether they can be disinfected with an 70% alcohol spray and reused.

This one is washable but isn't N90

Surgical masks i don't think are very useful here (open on the sides) even though from hygiene stand point are the easiest to use & dispose after one use.

Lopinavir, Ritonavir ( anti retrovirals) has been used in Japan and possibly Thailand. However there is no conclusive evidence of their effectiveness.
Used successfully here on a couple of Italian tourists in their late 60s. They're now negative.

However the head said they were waiting for more research from China. Not enough test subjects so far.

Mi Pollution masks.....Any Good?

According to this study not much. But they aren't using the same model

They find compared to the N95, the efficiency of a plain surgical mask is 33% which isn't great. A scarf is 11% and the particular dust mask they tested is only 6%

N95 three times better than surgical which in turn is three times better than a scarf or bandana

What is the problem ? psychology

“Even if experts are saying it’s really not going to make a difference, a little [part of] people’s brains is thinking, well, it’s not going to hurt. Maybe it’ll cut my risk just a little bit, so it’s worth it to wear a mask,” she says. In that sense, wearing a mask is a “superstitious behavior”

Say this to any one in China, HK, Taiwan or Singapore and they will always insist wearing a mask is better than nothing :nailbiting:

I suppose surgical is easiest as it is cheaper and disposable so you don't worry about binning it after each use.

Given the N95s are in short supply the CDC has said the plain surgical mask is an acceptable alternative. FOR DOCTORS treating covid patients.

The more commonly worn surgical masks will limit — but not eliminate — the chance of inhaling large, infectious particles circulating near the face. Until Tuesday, the CDC had recommended that health-care workers interacting with coronavirus patients or suspected cases wear N95 respirators, along with gowns, gloves and eye protectors. The N95 filters must be custom-fitted and cost more than surgical masks.

Last edited:
Back