OC & Modding Corsair H100 Modding

rakesh_sharma23

Do It Yourself
Adept
Hello to all, I am back with some more modding action.
As you all know, few days back I have purchased a Corsair H 100 CPU cooler. And Now is the time for some action.

img0478z.jpg

img0479fl.jpg

To start with I will be adding a 5.25 inch single bay reservoir to the loop.
Having some spare 8mm Acrylic sheet. So just made some measurements and went to a friend’s workshop and sawed some acrylic pieces on the table saw.

img0480gj.jpg

Hope they fit well.

img0481zs.jpg

img0482mo.jpg

Perfect measurement. Cool
Now to drill some holes for ¼ inch tube connectors and others.

img0483k.jpg

Inlet hole finished with a supporting base.

img0484vx.jpg

img0485lr.jpg

Not it’s time to fit tube connectors and thermal sensor.

img0486pj.jpg

img0487hl.jpg

Now just assemble all pieces together and polished all sides.
This looks perfect.

img0488m.jpg

img0489tw.jpg

img0490bo.jpg

img0491jgt.jpg

Now to make it more cool looking. Adding some bright blue LEDs.
It looks sexy now..

img0492kf.jpg

img0493kd.jpg

img0494wb.jpg

Side by side H100 and my Reservoir.

img0495eu.jpg

New PC Case Corsair 300R.

img0496g.jpg

img0497uo.jpg

These 140 Fans will be replaced with H100 Rad.

img0498va.jpg

Perfect fitting in the case.

img0499f.jpg

img0500y.jpg

img0501gs.jpg

img0502hz.jpg

img0504uy.jpg

Will be adding tubes and more soon.
Hope you enjoyed same as I did while modding.

Thanking
Rakesh Sharma

Great work done there.
However, do note that the pump is very very weak and barely pumps any fluid at all, just a small trickle.
what else do you have planned ahead?? a teaser would be nice :)

cheers :)

@OP
instead of modding a new H100 & voiding its warranty why didn't you buy a custom setup which would have given you a better performance!!!????

For me MODDING and voiding warranty is more fun than just assembling some readymade expensive products..

AND "Cyberwarfare'.. pump is not that weak..Its the tubes of H100 which reduces coolent flow.. Just see H100i it is having good tubes and so performs better than H100.

Let me finish the mod i will update a video of the coolent flow.

good one but after you finish this , please try and make some kind of a graphics card water cooler. Would be something new because I guess you and many have made various types of cpu coolers.
Thanks and best of luck

Rakesh,i have seen and observed your work a lot.Be it Xtremesystems or any other forum. I have been a great fan and like always,this one is epical.

I had a feeling something like this was coming up soon after you inquired about my HOC40 months earlier :D.

Btw, any particular reason why you didn't go for the HOC40 only? The HOC40 does have a massive cooler and also doesn't have a permanently sealed loop which sounds perfect for you.

Hello to all
Since now reservoir is ready and also having some good tubes.. Now it’s time for some modding.
First removed the old tubes and coolent from H100

img0505o.jpg

img0506gh.jpg

It’s about 100 – 150ml, very little then I expected from a Dual radiator loop..
Now installed the H100 with new tubes and filled the loop. It took about 900ml of coolant to fill the loop.
All looks fine.
Waiting for a New LGA2011 cpu than update you with some performance review.
Meanwhile enjoy some pics.

img0507a.jpg

img0508tt.jpg

img0509gn.jpg

img0510cn.jpg

img0511eb.jpg

img0512la.jpg

img0513kk.jpg

img0515yg.jpg

Whats the point of the Mod ? I dont see any difference, except for more fluid.
How many degrees do you think you will be lower with this mod compared to stock?
Did you benchmark it at stock even?

Maybe I am missing out something very basic but I really don't see any advantage of the mod.

...but anyway great workmanship as always :)

Modding is not always for gaining some advantage..

Modding H100 is not a major performance improvement.. just pure fun (atleast for me)..

It was in my wish list of "Thing I should do in my life". Same as Phase Change and other mods.

Any way Congr. @ Infected for the killer Asus GTX690.. Card looks great.. If i visit mumbai.... wish to see it..(If you not mind)

Well, Green LED would have made it better :) Remembered old modding days.. Gone those days, everything comes out of the box now.. :(

Aha! didn't know those tubes were removable. Gotta try this. Any recommendations where I could get various components for LC?

My thought was to go for the H100 from my current H60 which is getting superbly noisy. But your thread is making me consider custom LC loops. Any recommendations or corrections?

Back