Corsair Service refusal - What to do??

Hello Guys,

I own (or owned) a Flash Voyager USB 3.0 16GB USB Flash Drive pendrive..
Product - Flash Voyager® USB 3.0 16GB USB Flash Drive - Flash Voyager - USB Drives

However, around a month ago I gave it to my friend with some data and he later told that its not working in his PC.
On checking found that it is not getting detected by any system.

Thus couriered it to Corsair service center - Kaizen, indore branch for warranty claim

However, today got a call from them. They told that the pendrive they received was broken. Broken from inside actually, i.e. some inner damage and things were stick by fevicol. Said that the connection between usb male and chip are broken and this is beyond repair.
Also since breakage does not fall under warranty we cant help and replace this. Thus we are returning this.

Now, I have some queries how pendrive could be broken from inside when
  • It has such a rugged casing, completely rubberized and even company claim it to shock and water proof
  • I couldnt see anyway a guy can open a drive and stick things with fevicol. The design of drive casing is not such it could be opened easily by screwing etc
  • When I tested the faulty pendrive, on connecting with PC the blue light was blinking however it is not getting detected.. This mean there was some connection between male port and chip
  • How could they prove there was an internal breakage before they got when there were no external damage

To be noted, neither drive had any sense of breakage on my side nor any attempt of sticking was done
I m also wondering that they should give warranty even for internal breakage when they are advertising it as shock proof and could take bumps and drops. Clearly stated in their website.

Not willing to just throw it off like other pendrive as its is costly.. 1k +

Please help guys on what should I do now :(

On topic: You can contact here and explain the problem: Support

Off topic: One of my friends used to do catch practice with his 8 GB Corsair pen drive, and one day, the circuit inside the rubberized case came out. Initially he applied Fevicol to put the circuit inside the case, it remained inside for few days but again the circuit came out. Nowadays, he has lost the rubberized case and the cap, and he simply plugs in the circuit in the USB port

On topic: You can contact here and explain the problem: Support

Off topic: One of my friends used to do catch practice with his 8 GB Corsair pen drive, and one day, the circuit inside the rubberized case came out. Initially he applied Fevicol to put the circuit inside the case, it remained inside for few days but again the circuit came out. Nowadays, he has lost the rubberized case and the cap, and he simply plugs in the circuit in the USB port

Have mailed via tech support form..

Well, I cant really say who is correct. I asked my friend if you broke it and he refused.
No way looking up :(

Don't worry, you will get a brand new pen drive. Corsair people provide excellent customer service. Just wait for 1 more day and try calling them directly via Skype on their US toll free number for free (preferably at 9/10 PM tonight). The number is +1 888-222-4346.
I suggest you try calling them after you get an RMA done. If any problems, just PM me and I will tell you how to go about it.
Also, keep your RMA number handy when you call them.

Mailed the tech support on 4 Nov.. no reply till now. :(

Don't worry, you will get a brand new pen drive. Corsair people provide excellent customer service. Just wait for 1 more day and try calling them directly via Skype on their US toll free number for free (preferably at 9/10 PM tonight). The number is +1 888-222-4346.
I suggest you try calling them after you get an RMA done. If any problems, just PM me and I will tell you how to go about it.
Also, keep your RMA number handy when you call them.

Right now I dont have any RMA no. as the pendrive was couriered to them and they didnt sent any detail via mail etc.
Thus, must need to wait till pendrive returns.. maybe it has rma details with it

Mailed the tech support on 4 Nov.. no reply till now. :(
Right now I dont have any RMA no. as the pendrive was couriered to them and they didnt sent any detail via mail etc.
Thus, must need to wait till pendrive returns.. maybe it has rma details with it

This is the best time to talk to Corsair people. Talk to them now !! Their office is open. Call on +1 888-222-4346 right now via Skype and tell them the whole issue even if you do not have an RMA.

Pen drive interior can't break automatically. :p

true.. but also how can one fix the interior with fevicol such that it lits when plugged, specially when design is so made not to open and close easily and they guy is real noob.

BTW, the update is - a month would complete in few days since they called and I had not received the pendrive yet. Would going to be 2 months since I sent it to them.

BTW, the update is - a month would complete in few days since they called and I had not received the pendrive yet. Would going to be 2 months since I sent it to them.

I hope ashvarybabul you had called the Corsair people on 12th November when I told you. You can easily talk to them via Skype (either Mr. Harold or the RAM GUY will definitely help you out). I am 100% sure your problem will be resolved ASAP but if you do not contact them according to the protocol, it might take longer.

Their office will open tomorrow and I strongly suggest that you call them via Skype (it will be free !!). If you have any other problems after that, please let me know. :)

I hope ashvarybabul you had called the Corsair people on 12th November when I told you. You can easily talk to them via Skype (either Mr. Harold or the RAM GUY will definitely help you out). I am 100% sure your problem will be resolved ASAP but if you do not contact them according to the protocol, it might take longer.

Their office will open tomorrow and I strongly suggest that you call them via Skype (it will be free !!). If you have any other problems after that, please let me know. :)

Sorry, but I didnt called them earlier as I was not having any RMA no. to make reference of, so thought waiting for week till pendrive arrives. But this had took real long time.
Would call them tomorrow

Sorry, but I didnt called them earlier as I was not having any RMA no. to make reference of, so thought waiting for week till pendrive arrives. But this had took real long time.
Would call them tomorrow

Sure, no problem :) Call them tomorrow and tell them the whole thing even if you do not have an RMA number. I am positive everything will be taken care of and if the pen drive has really been damaged due to no fault of yours, you will surely get a brand new pen drive.

Also, keep me updated and let me know if there is any other problem.

Back