Corsair Vengeance K90

Corsair Vengeance K90 Keyboard
Corsair long known for its Quality line-up of Memory, Power Supplies recently made its foray into Keyboards & Mice. While the 1st line up was a K60 keyboard, we are today looking @ the Vengeance K90 keyboard which promised to be a successor to the K90. Forget what Corsair decides to name the product ( almost all their product are named Vengeance now-a-days ! ), the product is sheer quality which the company is famous for.
Aluminium chassis, Cherry MX red Mechanical Switches, Braided non-tangle cables, laser etching, name it & corsair have scored on that front.
1. The K90 keyboard comes with a removable wrist rest, warranty information & a small manual. The software for the keyboard can be downloaded from the corsair site for free.
2. The keyboard has a aluminium chassis & a brushed top plate on which the keys sit high enough to let some dust settle !! The finish is as attractive as it can be. The keys are laser etched, so the imprint never goes off. The main set of keys are under lit by an approx 90 LEDs, the illumination levels on which can be controlled via a key on the right top side of the board. These not only Under-lit the keys, but also create a Blue ambience around the keyboard which looks pretty neat. The macro keys having a black underneath are slightly less under lit than the keys having the brushed aluminium bottom.
3. All keys apart from the Programmable keys & Function keys are Cherry MX Red mechanical switches. This wasn't really expected. The difference is downright easy to feel when using the silicone dome key switches & the mechanical ones. Cherry MX Red switches have linear force profile which activates @ 2mm & bottoms @ 4mm. The key press is soft & is rated @ 50 million keystrokes which is by all means too much ! Do remember that being mechanical, there is going to be a lot of clicking noise all the while. This might be a turnoff for many.
4. There is a windows lock key, which is useful against wrongful press of windows key while gaming. This key is just beside the illumination key @ the top right. Scroll, Num & Caps lock are depicted with white LEDs while Multimedia keys dominate the corner. A Mute button along with Volume control Roller is a nice touch while the Stop, Play/Pause, forward/backward keys make up the rest.
5. The keyboard has 18keys programmable via 3 banks making it a total of 54 different Macros. M1, M2, M3 buttons act as the 3 banks while the MR key is responsible for recording & storing the Macros on the fly or while using the software. Personally I mapped almost 30 functions just from Photoshop on the macro keys. remembering them takes some time though. The keyboard has a 36kb onboard memory to store a single memory bank of 18 keys.
6. Being a USB keyboard it doesn't have a n-key rollover, but even then a 20 key rollover is an overkill considering that you have only 10 fingers !!
7. The wrist support of which I am not a big fan personally locks neatly & also has screws to fit it in the base of the board. The wrist support usually is very small considering that the fingers will reach to the top of the keyboard when the palm rests on it. This makes usage of keys in lower rows an hassle.
8. The Keyboard is connected with High quality sleeved USB 2.0 cable, 1 of which is for the board while the other is simply for a pass-by USB port on the keyboard. This makes connecting your mouse very easy. The quality of the Cables is exceptional & could be wrongly though of a wire from a high end PSU !
9. . The steep pricing could however be a big issue though. But even @ approx 7.5grand for an extremely well built & feature rich keyboard, it could be money well spent, especially for a gamer or even a person who types/uses lots of softwares having many keyboard shortcuts.
10. The keyboard is covered under a 2 year warranty by Corsair.

snaps

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd....720/283775_10151148961384623_1961988271_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd....720/555601_10151148961139623_2069175796_n.jpg

Pics or it didnt happen....:)

Kidding...but without pics a review is only a slab of text, which very few people would read in the tech world.

well i added the text reviews, forgot to add snaps & off i went to Ladakh. i am back & here are the snaps.. i have added external links

Back